You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: I want a reunion

DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:
DCK wrote:

Didn't we discuss this in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and in 2011?

Yup and it's still relevant. That's the power of GNR. Relevancy in an irrelevant world.

I guess. It's just boring at this point. It's like discussing what you will do if you win a million dollars in the lottery over and over and over again. It's fun, but after 10 years of it.....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The funny bit to me is a few years back he was an asshole for not touring the states, then before that a dick for not touring worldwide and just hiding in his mansion...now he tours too much?

I remember there used to be posts on this board about how he should just do a theatre tour already.

Or how hard would it be to have a website, or why don't the band members interact with fans?

Have a look around guys, everything we bitched about seems to have been installed.

I believe a new album will come, I just think it's not going to be until at least 2014.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Fucking whisjy fucking vodka and hash, what a night.

Mr Axls boring a fuck, he's done nothing in 20 years, "waaaaah Slash is a cancer, he peed the bed"... what yhe fuck happened to you, where is your FIRE?!

Its time for a revolution, all of you come with me into Glasgow on Tuesday night and bow down and pay homage as a real fuckin rockin assemble of warlords set the fuckin world on fire, and fyi... the drinks are on me, thats a promise I'll keep or die  5

Fuck the pouting pretentious millionaire cry babies ... try smacking the world upside the head with your blood sweat guts and heart whilst holding down a nine to five  manual labour to just keep a roof over your head,  while you wage sonic war and rampage across the planet with nothing but your ever evolving art to propel you.

Come with me on Tuesday, the Sons Of Oden, the glorious, the unrepenting, the unyeilding, the Masters Of War, the mighty motherfucking Amon Amarth are here and they have come to show no mercy.

Come with me.

They are here 9

Tinme fopr another drink, ooh yeah 13

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If it wasn't 17,000km from my place to your pub I'd totally take you up on that!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

haha I'll raise a glass to you and all the distant Evo Crew!

I cant wait, these guys rock my world, they are incredible. Last time I seen them was in a hall no bigger than an average sized pub, it was so loud the first notes deafened me and the rest of the show went by in an orgasmic muffled blur.

This time they have a whole theatre to accomodate them and their even larger soundscapes reluctantly contained within their newest bodies of work... What a night lies ahead.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Now I'm sobering up, time for bed.

Smell yeez later!

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Right still awake despite highjacking the thread and had no alcohol for 2 hours (its shite)... but on topic:

You know what I've just realised - reading everything from Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, Matt, Dizzy, Tommy, DJ, Bumblefoot have said over the last few months....

This RIRHOF thing... from all their language, this event, this potential gathering of these massive ego's... they seem to consider this more important than anything they've done since GNR fell apart back in the mid 90's... they all seem to be more focused on it then they ever where on anything post 93....

Its weird, they all seem so excited by it that its giving me the impression that they have been kidding themselves on the last 15 years, trying to leave the past behind and do seperate things... I dunno man.. it seems like they have just been trying to fill the void left bythe disintegration of Guns N'Roses.

Its like this upcoming collision of egos is more important than Chinese Democracy or Velvet Revolver or whatever... they all seem so excited about it, its really putting those post GNR efforts in the shade.

The original GNR coming together for one night is bigger to them than anything they have done since it fell apart, its a strange turn of events, at least in my drunken mind hmm

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Guess I laugh at the Axl would be taking a step back comments

Fucking step back from what?

however u slice it, one album in 15 years, half empty arenas..

i mean it isn't like he has moved GNR forward in any way shape or form.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:
DCK wrote:

Didn't we discuss this in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and in 2011?

Yup and it's still relevant. That's the power of GNR. Relevancy in an irrelevant world.

I guess. It's just boring at this point. It's like discussing what you will do if you win a million dollars in the lottery over and over and over again. It's fun, but after 10 years of it.....

Yeah i'm fucking done with it. I put my time in, let another generation follow a fake band with a fake name, playing other people's songs, and claiming "it's Axl's band". No... he's 25% of the writing team, and he's 20% of the original band. It's not HIS band.

But i'm done with it, i'm not gonna argue about it, i'm near retirement age on this bullshit, on top of being burnt out. The new band is fucking pointless without new music.

And I think it's tragically sad that Axl has a hungry guitarist like DJ who's obviously biting at the bits to write with him, as well as others, and Axl just wastes it and wastes it.

Axl Rose could've been the greatest rock frontman of his generation. But when the story gets told, they'll either pretend he died after 1994 (like Cobain), or they'll talk about how much of an absolute waste the second half of his life was artistically, and they'd be right.

If GN'R functioned like a real band, i'd go fuckin' broke throwing my money at them. Any form. Axl's loss. hmm

Board footer