You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: I want a reunion

misterID wrote:

And if we're being 100% honest...

The only reunion of a guy I want to see back in GN'R:

http://www.mtv.com/news/photos/l/les_pa … ethead.jpg

Outside an awesome nostalgia trip, this guy is the only one who would get me back to being THAT excited about GN'R's future.

^This.^

Though it'd pain me to lose Bumblefoot, he's such a nice guy.

Oh... imagine a Fortus/Bumble/Bucket guitar attack. But Axl will never lose Ashba from the line-up.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I want 3 things:

1. The band to be functional; everyone has a role.
2. The band to never stagnate creatively.
3. The band to record and release music regularly.

----------------------------------------------------------

Although... I really wish that Buckethead were still in the band.
He wrote all of the "Chinese Democracy" stuff and gets no credit!
Axl basically treating him like a hired contractor is unforgivable.

DJ Ashba will never be able to write stuff like "If The World" or "Sorry".

Buckethead is in a totally different league.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Just a question - why is new music so important to some of you guys when you didn't even buy CD, and you really didn't care for the new music that was put out?

I for one, couldn't wait to hear what Axl had come up with, when for years all we'd heard was rumours and speculation.

Plus, GN'R, and Axl had already put out music that I identified so much with, and absolutely loved, why wouldn't you want to hear more?
CD ain't the greatest album, but I'm glad we finally got new music.

If all we're gonna get is nostalgia tours, I'll stick to listening to the albums of the originals, but I wanna hear more NEW music, if there actually is any.

And I'll be first in line to buy it when and if it comes out. 5

Sadly, it doesn't look like that day is coming any time soon.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

As long as people go to his shows, he plays them out.

Album release? Been there.

Reunion? RRHOF may actually break new ground, there.

Of course, the minute Slash steps up for a guest spot, that'll be a horse of a different color.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Anybody notice that GN'R ARE TOURING RIGHT NOW, and it took Big Bri dropping out of nowhere to bring up reunion talk to actually breathe life into the board?

I, like alot of others, are just burnout on talking Guns. There's nothing to talk about. Without new music, it's a total fuckin' waste.

You guys have known my position for a long long time.

New music NOW

or Reunite

It's that simple. Going around with a cover band of the cover band, playing the songs an accomplisments of other artists is fucking embarassing at this point.

I would cut Axl ALOT of slack if he'd DROP the "Guns N' Roses" brand name. It's a fucking joke at this point. If you're not gonna release records and PROVE to the world that THIS BAND IS GN'R and is just as much a part of the GN'R legacy as the old... then WHAT THE FUCK are you DOING?!?!?!

Is Axl kicking ass? Yeah, sort of. I mean his voice is fucking shot, just like in Orlando, versus now, he sings some songs vintage (think You're Crazy or It's So Easy or Jungle), and the rest is an out of breath, no power, version of 2002.

The band is TIGHT AS HELL... but without the music (which the band has obviously BEGGED Axl for)... it's just "Axl Rose" solo. And they kick ass, but it's not GN'R.

I've said for awhile this is the best 'primed' band for some sort of B-level rock status comeback, that Axl has had post the old era. The best. I know, Bucket & Robin ruled, whatever, the point is Axl has a group of guys now that he can push.

And he refuses to. Such a shame, because I think an Axl/DJ album would kick ass. And maybe he could release it whenever he gets around to it, as "Axl Rose" or "AXL". Axl could have an Alice In Chains-type comeback, move about 250,000 units, have a hit single that is downloaded like hell, and a single that dominates the rock charts at #1 for two months, and i'd be happy as a pig in shit. But alas, no we can't do that. It'd make too much sense.

But at this point, he NEEDS a reunion, and the fans do too. I refuse to attend anymore "Guns N' Roses" shows without a new album. Refuse.

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

There's just no point in a reunion.

Axl's not embarrassing himself, he's out kicking ass on tour right now (feel free to read the tons of positive press about the UCaP Tour). Why get back together with a bunch of guys you don't enjoy performing with when you're already doing great on tour with a group of guys you like to perform with?

They are kicking ass on what is essentially a  karaoke tour. That's just the facts. They are kicking ass based on what the old lineup accomplished. using their songs. Are the shows great fun? Yes. Are they doing anything progessive as band? Absolutely not.  Also Axl has performed with Izzy. Seemed to enjoy it. Axl has performed with Duff, seemed to enjoy it. Slash is the hold up cause a drummer doesn't matter and we have no idea if they'd enjoy perfroming together at this point as they haven't in so many years.  This idea that Axl is all warm and fuzzy with the new band and would absolutey hate his life to the point of offing himself if he had to perform with the old guys is ridiculous. the only thing Axl would hte is being ith a group of guys that don't bend to his will and do exactly what he tells them to.

It's been almost 20 years since they've performed together. They are different people now. they aren't junkies anymore. The only person who seems to not have changed or grown is Axl himself so..... I don't think anyone can sit here and say he'd hate performing with the old guys in 2012 as though it's a fact.

I completely agree. Might be one of your greatest posts.

Cramer wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I don't know if there's a scorecard for this type of thing, but I've been flipped. This new, new, new version of Guns doesn't do it for me. Yes, they are more true to the original band, but why do that with these dudes.

At least with Bucket, Brain and Robin there was a POTENTIAL to move forward, do something different, but that's not gonna happen with this band now.

Time to get the original five back together. And please keep Matt as far away as possible from a reunion as possible.

Commence flame war.

I agree and was once one of the new band's most ardent supporters. Love seeing them live without a doubt, but CD was missing something and that something was the rest of Guns n' Roses.

I also was one of the biggest new band supporters, even full blown Axlite at one point.

But I can't stand it anymore. I just don't get what the point of these constant tours are, other than Axl being money hungry and completely NOT CARING of the band and the fans who have been asking for an album.

"Well Axlin, you don't know what Axl's been doing"

You're right, I don't. So why doesn't he drop a fuckin' single and tell me off? Because he's too pussy. He's still butt sore that CD got the treatment it did from Uni, so he's punishing the rest of us and the band. When you've got DJ up there saying how much he'd love to record, and Tommy and Dizzy, and then Ron says, "listen guys, we haven't even talked about this, and Axl hasn't even mentioned it".

Nothing is happening on that front, and so on that accord, it bastardizes Axl's new band concept, so much to the point that now it's irreparibly damaged -- to the diest of the diehards. When you've got long time NEW band supporters, basically checking out mentally from the whole thing and not really knowing how to respond anymore to "what's Axl doing"... that's a BIG sign.

I hope the HOF happens, the future dates get either retooled or cancelled, and the reunion happens, unless Axl's gonna use the off time in the spring to prep the album (who are we fucking kidding, yeah right), but instead the keep adding dates and adding dates on this Up Close and Pricey tour, Axl's voice hasn't rested, Axl doesn't seem to have any plans to acknowledge a new album or a reunion.

So... fuck him, with all due respect. Taking the posters down, thowing the T-shirts in a box, and moving on to ACTUAL artists.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

It's quite simple:  If you think his sole motivation is money, then how do you explain him pursuing an option that is obviously much less lucrative than a reunion?

Really, I'd love to hear an explanation that can cover that gaping hole in logic roll
Ali

You are so  unbelieveable it's not even funny.  Axl doesn't want a reunion that's why he doesn't do it. Could he make more money with a  reunion. Sure he could but I could also make more money working in the oilfield yet I don't do that.  I also don't continue to do something in my life that is safe, nostalgic and living off the past just to turn a buck when I claim to want to move forward with things.. What Axl is doing now is the best way he can make as much money as possible while not moving forward or reunitng. To ignore this is stupid. No new music, no plans for new music, no signs of new music + Endlessly touring of the old bands hits with a cover band of a cover band = DOING IT FOR THE MONEY. Is he having fun? Sure. Could he have fun moving forward with a new album and playing more new songs? Probably but that wouldn't bring in as much money now would it. Gee never considered that did ya.

you don't have to involve yourself with the biggest money making mechanism out there to be in what you're currently doing for the money. An ounce of common sense would tell you that.

You will never acknowlegde this though because it's your duty to defend Axl at all costs and at all expense of common sense.

And keep in mind I've not once said the shows aren't good. Last I saw them in 2010 it was a great show. I have no doubt it's still great. Doesn't mean they're not just doing these endless tours to fund some paychecks or what have you. Even Axl's own band wants to release new fucking music yet here the are just touring again and gain. My god figure it out.

Nice horseshit answer there.  If someone's sole motivation was to make money, common sense dictates they would pursue whatever means met that end to the greatest extent.  If he only wanted to tour off the old band's catalog and make money, then why bother turning in a mixed and mastered version of Chinese Democracy?

Look, his job is a musician, so of course he wants to make money at his job.  That is one of his motives.  But, to say that he's in it for the money, as if that's his only motivation, does not make any sense for the reasons previously stated.  You will ignore them, I'm sure, or find some creative argument around them that, as you said, ignores common sense.

Ali

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Outside an awesome nostalgia trip, this guy is the only one who would get me back to being THAT excited about GN'R's future.

Dude, are we still on that?

I LOVE me some Bucket, but he's FAR stronger outside of Guns than he is IN Guns (unlike Slash). Ever hear Electric Sea? Ever go to a Bucket live show.

He's fucking amazing

But Axl underused him, cut alot of his stuff on CD (did keep alot too), and didn't let Bucket shine.

Other than the TWAT solo, the retooled Nightrain solo, and maybe the outro solo on Shackler's... Bucket's CD stuff is kinda underwhelming.

If THAT is the future of the vault... keep it. I'd rather have Slash BACK in Guns, and have Bucket kicking ass solo like always.

Axl fucking blew the Buckethead chance in the early 2000's when he fucked off constantly and didn't pinch the turd on the vault. Bucket bailed and it was the best decision Bucket ever made.

While Axl is cumming over the Madagascar solo so much that he drowns it in samples, Bucket was recording Padmasana, thank GOD.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nah, I want Bucket back neutral

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Dude, are we still on that?

I LOVE me some Bucket, but he's FAR stronger outside of Guns than he is IN Guns (unlike Slash). Ever hear Electric Sea? Ever go to a Bucket live show.

He's fucking amazing

But Axl underused him, cut alot of his stuff on CD (did keep alot too), and didn't let Bucket shine.

Other than the TWAT solo, the retooled Nightrain solo, and maybe the outro solo on Shackler's... Bucket's CD stuff is kinda underwhelming.

If THAT is the future of the vault... keep it. I'd rather have Slash BACK in Guns, and have Bucket kicking ass solo like always.

Axl fucking blew the Buckethead chance in the early 2000's when he fucked off constantly and didn't pinch the turd on the vault. Bucket bailed and it was the best decision Bucket ever made.

While Axl is cumming over the Madagascar solo so much that he drowns it in samples, Bucket was recording Padmasana, thank GOD.

You really should change your user name to JR....it just fits.:peace:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And some of these posts are funny.

Right now, for the first time, the least irritating thing about GN'R is the band. 16

Board footer