You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: I want a reunion

Axlin16 wrote:

Irony isn't it? I love these guys, but without album (which they really want to do), it's like... huh?

Maybe i'm just too old anymore for it, but I just cannot connect with "Axl sounds the best he's ever sounded", when it's so obvious he's fuckin' shot (which he would still be with a reunion too; he needs to rest and re-train imo, unless he's gonna record).

As for the 'JR' thing, I thought about changing that awhile back, and really wanted it too, but so many people knew me by "Axlin", so I figured I had to stand by it.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

And for all those that are frustrated by the "endless" touring.  Here's a point that I wonder if some of you have actually considered: 

If it is true that Interscope will no longer fund what is needed to complete a new album, then did it ever occur to you that perhaps touring is needed not out some sense of greed (as the he's "in it for the money" comment implies IMO), but out of a legitimate need to raise money to complete work on the next album?

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Irony isn't it? I love these guys, but without album (which they really want to do), it's like... huh?

Maybe i'm just too old anymore for it, but I just cannot connect with "Axl sounds the best he's ever sounded", when it's so obvious he's fuckin' shot (which he would still be with a reunion too; he needs to rest and re-train imo, unless he's gonna record).

As for the 'JR' thing, I thought about changing that awhile back, and really wanted it too, but so many people knew me by "Axlin", so I figured I had to stand by it.

They'll know who you are by the way you post!:haha:

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes it's very much occured to me Ali.

How about telling everyone? How hard is that?

All Axl would have to do is tell the band (which Tommy would tell everyone else), or make a statement regarding it on GNR.com

Instead... nothing...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's what I've always thought, Ali.

But there are some intensely miserable and/or angry people gracing these boards that it's a bigger downer than the bands inactivity - new music wise.

I know there are A LOT of people who aren't happy with this line up, but I was actually enjoying what was happening with the band. It felt good that they were doing their thing and there was a real positive vibe. I want new music as much as anyone.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think that's something they would want as public knowledge, Axlin.

Ali

Ali wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

All Axl would have to do is tell the band (which Tommy would tell everyone else), or make a statement regarding it on GNR.com

Instead... nothing...

Maybe he has told the band.  I think the band knows far more about what's going on than they let on for reasons that BBF has gone into several times in the past.

But, I don't feel the need personally as a fan to know that level of detail as to the band's business affairs.  Or, more precisely, I don't feel it is knowledge I deserve to be privy to.  Furthermore, telling us doesn't rectify the situation.

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Agreed.

Ali

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Than that's a BIG problem.

Dropping a line, on page 4, of a random thread on GNR.com, would be easy, not a big deal.

I think people overvalue Axl's stock with Uni at this point. If anything the reason they don't want to put up the money is that everyone knows the payday is the reunion, and just from a smart business standpoint, everything is gonna move like mud in regards to new GN'R issues with the label, whether it's "just not giving a shit", "not profitable", or "trying to blackmail Axl into a reunion". Either way, all are likely.

Which is where artistic integrity comes into place. No way, unless he's dumb as hell, Axl signed a contract that said "any of my recordings will be done under the GN'R name and released under Geffen/Universal".

If Axl wanted the music to happen that badly from an artistic standpoint, he'd quit Guns N' Roses, take the band name with him as he's the owner, reform the exact same band under the name "Axl Rose" and either release an all original, non-vault album independently or with a smaller label, as i'm sure there's a "non compete" clause in his contract with Uni.

jmho

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Instead... nothing...

Maybe he has told the band.  I think the band knows far more about what's going on than they let on for reasons that BBF has gone into several times in the past.

But, I don't feel the need personally as a fan to know that level of detail as to the band's business affairs.  Or, more precisely, I don't feel it is knowledge I deserve to be privy to.  Furthermore, telling us doesn't rectify the situation.

Ali

That could be very true with Tommy. He has made a point to mention issues with the label in almost every interview he's done in the last couple years.

Board footer