You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Surprised label isnt capitalizing on rrhof

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah, it does, I mean it's one of the best albums of all time..don't mean to be disrespectful. But I do hear the age of the recording. Like you listen to a song from the Slash album, then you listen to something like VH Tattoo or something from the new Alice in Chains album...then you listen to Mr Brownstone and you can hear the levels drop to 1985...even though I love the songs.

I wonder if the original AFD tapes exist...and does that mean they could unfade the ending of nighttrain 9

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

If they are going to release (or remaster) any old stuff, I want a bluray release of the Ritz concert or any 87-90 live performance that hasn't been previously released.

Lomax wrote:

I'd like to see the '99 band's re-recording of AFD released for shits giggles and hardcore butthurt fanboys

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

This is something that really disappoints me about the whole distinction between the old band and new.  All the old shit that could be remastered, repackaged remixed etc etc.  Stuff like demos, different versions, unreleased stuff, all those hours and hours of videos they have, IT ALL JUST FUCKING SITS THERE.  We don't get any of that fucken stuff because no doubt Axl would see that as a step backwards.   Yet he seems to move forward at the rate of a disabled snail so we get fuck all new stuff either.

So frustrating!

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Riad wrote:

I'd like to see the '99 band's re-recording of AFD released for shits giggles and hardcore butthurt fanboys

Yeah i'd be one of them.

I find the way robin plays those classic solos differently to be outright offensive.

It'd be like repainting the mona lisa and deciding to give her a big open mouthed gap tooth grin.

Or just like if myles got up there and sang a completely new verse to civil war.

It's like fuck...the melodies are sacred...maybe a flourish here or there is one thing...but wholesale style change was not cool.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

If they are going to release (or remaster) any old stuff, I want a bluray release of the Ritz concert or any 87-90 live performance that hasn't been previously released.

I'd love to see a proper version of the Ritz released. The "swagger" or whatever you want to call it is just incredible - the band is sloppy as fuck but that's exactly what makes it a great performance.

I wonder what it was originally filmed with though? It was made for TV right? So rather than film cameras it was probably like shot on a 420p TV camera or something though right? But still...i'd take any commercial release of it...i'm sure they could clean it up with upscaling technology to make it watchable...have to be better than youtube vision wink

Lomax wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Riad wrote:

Yeah i'd be one of them.

I find the way robin plays those classic solos differently to be outright offensive.

It'd be like repainting the mona lisa and deciding to give her a big open mouthed gap tooth grin.

Or just like if myles got up there and sang a completely new verse to civil war.

It's like fuck...the melodies are sacred...maybe a flourish here or there is one thing...but wholesale style change was not cool.

yeah. I'd be just as disgusted on one level but just for the sheer monstrosity of it and absolute desecration of what is left of Axl's good will with the public it would be entertaining to watch, like a car wreck that you can't look away from.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd love a remastered AFD.

Not new performances though - original tapes only - but with modern mastering to make it as loud as everything else on my ipod. I know we'd loose dynamic range and all that - but I dunno the punch the drums would have and the guitar solos - it would be truely awesome.

But knowing my luck we'd get some kind of butchered rerecord like that Big Daddy version of sweet child of mine. I could handle axl adding a "Do you Know where the fuck you are" scream but any other changes would be an abomination.

I would've LOVED to hear a re-arranged/re-mixed Appetite w/ Patience & YCBM, minus You're Crazy & Anything Goes, featuring the 2001-02 band with Axl, Robin, Bucket, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy & Chris.

That would've been awesome. Could you imagine a studio, remixed-quality AFD with Bucket's Nightrain solo? 11

A rearrangement with the current band? No thanks, i'll pass. None of them have did literally ANYTHING with the Appetite material worthy of a studio re-release. The feel is wrong, no matter how techinically proficient it is. I'd rather have a full remixed original AFD, WITH the original studio art intact.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

First of all, a reworked AFD with Robin Finck and whoever else would be an assault against the GN'R legacy.

Second, I doubt that BH would have been there when they rerecorded those songs. That was under the disastrous Finck/Huge era, and BH came only after Finck left. So you'd get Robin Finck and Paul Tobias torturing the classics.

Board footer