You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

-D- wrote:

we will find out on this up coming tour

will there be any backlash?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Nope, the end. I can't believe how much mental energy I've put into hoping Axl would come around over the years. But it's bullshit after bullshit- pissing all over everything he created, except to cash in doing the same 20 minute singalong Knocking on Hey Jude nostalgia fest. Nothing new on the horizon, the one behind us is long out of sight. Axl was right: keep on living, forget this shit- it's not important. I should've listened, but I get really wrapped up in music, and for all the HUGE bands that were Gods who still walked the earth, but were past their heyday, GnR was my Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, name it.

I don't know what my new drunken rant will be - forget about the HOF itself- it's what's already been said better upthread by others. His latest letter just cements the fact that he can't change. There will always be some reason out of his control why shit can't get done, and we'll never get a straight answer what those reasons are. There will be no new music, someone or someones will drop off and be replaced. Hell, MAYBE there will be music, but I can't bring myself to be excited for it.

The man's a poisoned well, and honestly, that's sad. 20 years has zipped by, and it hurts like hell to finally realize he ain't coming back. I'd kill for the excitement of 2002-2005 again. Think about that, and what that says.

10pm on a Wednesday. Time for a whiskey. Think I'll break out side two of Lies.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

If he can't even show up fuck him am deleting all my gnr video s of you tube am not help that arsehole one bit I'll never pay 1 cent to axl again

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I thought up some nice rants to make about this, but really this is just sad. 

I think Axl has it in his head that Slash was always trying to wrestle control of the band away from him.  Maybe he was.  Once Izzy left and the two of them had to actually work things out themselves, it was over because neither of them trusted the other.  Axl took control and Slash left because Axl wouldn't do things his way.  That's it.  No girls, not drugs, no nothing.  It's really that simple (imo).  They have both been telling themselves the same lies for so long that neither of them even knows what the truth is anymore. 

Axl feels he was justified in doing what he did (taking over the band).  Maybe he was.  Slash felt justified in doing what he did.  I'd say time shows he made the right decision.  They both managed to take something special and turn it into two mediocre entities.  Sad.

So now we come to today...so Axl writes this long press release that really says nothing, and posts it as justification for what is going to be perceived as being a dick.  Well, people that thought he was a dick are going to still feel like he's a dick.  Judging by their facebook page, he's managed to piss off a lot of people that supported the new band.  DJ even posted it, and there are a lot of shots taken at Axl on the page of a guy from the new band from fans (in other words, not just old band fans).  He's touring playing the AFD/UYI hits (and some covers) while slapping a big FUCK YOU to the fans of that generation by not even showing up to honor the very music that is supporting his lifestyle these days.  If it weren't for those fans STILL going to concerts just to hear Axl Rose sing WTTJ and SCOM in 2012, he wouldn't be touring at all.  An extremely small percentage in attendance are going to hear anything off of CD; it's all about AFD/UYI/cover songs.  There's no new album coming out.  There's no magic vault that is going to recapture America or anything like that.  ALL he has is AFD/UYI, and he chooses to shit on the fans of those albums because the guitar player wanted to do things a different way and LOST the power struggle 20 years ago?  WTF?  Is still trying to win a 20 year old battle really worth THIS?  My God, he's old enough to be a grandfather...act like it for once. 

I get that he's happier touring with employees that don't question him than he would be on a reunion tour.  That makes sense (to a point).  Clearly the band is interested in writing some stuff; clearly Axl is not interested in writing with them (though he may be writing on his own).  So he's not interested in moving forward with new material, he's not interested in reliving the past...what IS he interested in doing?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is the end isn't it. .. ......

Or is it a new beginning....

No, it's the end.

Or at least I don't buy Axl's dedication to the future progress of GN'R at all.

People are forgetting key elements here. Axl is focused on the current band, yet at the same time -- CONSTANTLY supports his shows, their shows, on songs written by Slash, Izzy & Duff.

He wants to move on from Guns N' Roses... yet he's the stupid sumbitch that runs around with the name all over the world who didn't have the guts to break out on his own like the others. Slash, Izzy & Duff all had solo careers.

I just don't buy it. I don't see the fire out of Axl. The dedication. The determination to prove everyone wrong and turn GN'R into glam's NIN (meaning a lead guy and nothing else). Even fucking Coverdale re-casted Whitesnake and went out there and started cutting albums and really pushing the whole thing. Not Axl.

Russ, no offense, sounds like a 2004 Axlite fanboy with that "Axl Rose is performing with Guns N' Roses, the band he was apart of" or whatever he said.

Seriously? So we're gonna completely ignore GN'R shows are comprised of 66% old GN'R songs, 11% covers, and 22% new GN'R songs.

But hey, let's not live in the past, right?

The only mother fucker BREATHING that's living in the past is Axl Rose. It was never EVER a one-man band back during 87-93. And the only guy with "revisionism" is Axl Rose himself, who mis-remembers that who thought he was Trent goddamn Reznor before Trent Reznor knew Trent Reznor was Trent goddamn Reznor. Guns N' Roses was always a band. Always.

At the same time, i'm not shocked in the least that Axl did this. He wouldn't be Axl without it, right?

It's the end. And it will never ever be a new beginning, until AXL moves on and releases new music and buries the past. That's my opinion on the whole thing, and I completely agree with ID. Axl's out of options and outta time now. The only reason to follow him is new music.

Because of of now...

Steven Adler was right. There is a scab in Guns N' Roses.

W. Axl Rose

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

This is the end isn't it. .. ......

Or is it a new beginning....

I don't know that it's "the end" but it certainly isn't a new beginning.

smoke

smoke wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

So he's not interested in moving forward with new material, he's not interested in reliving the past...what IS he interested in doing?

You'll never know, because he ain't saying, and now YOU'RE the asshole for asking.

When I was younger, I knew another mutha fucka like you.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Ok Ok

I've had some time away.. I took my Meds and I will say this cause I always try to be as fair and honest as possible when I post....

Even though I think it was a bitch move.... I still have to give some minor kudos and props that he at least remains that authentic "Real" guy he always has been that does shit on his own terms.

Still disappointed and think its a bitch move and had more to do with HOF not bowing to his demands and not wanting to face Slash

BUT

He still gets some rebel cool pts in some aspects right?

or did some kool aid splash on me?

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:

Ok Ok

I've had some time away.. I took my Meds and I will say this cause I always try to be as fair and honest as possible when I post....

Even though I think it was a bitch move.... I still have to give some minor kudos and props that he at least remains that authentic "Real" guy he always has been that does shit on his own terms.

Still disappointed and think its a bitch move and had more to do with HOF not bowing to his demands and not wanting to face Slash

BUT

He still gets some rebel cool pts in some aspects right?

or did some kool aid splash on me?

There's nothing cool about what he did.  Cool is Izzy saying nothing and just being Izzy.  Cool would have been saying what he said the day they were nominated.  THAT is standing up for what you believe.  Doing it 3 days before the event because he discovered it isn't going to go his way is pathetic.

smoke

smoke wrote:

It's worse than that, it's flavor-ade.

-D- wrote:

Even though I think it was a bitch move.... I still have to give some minor kudos and props that he at least remains that authentic "Real" guy he always has been that does <jack> shit on his own terms.

FIFY

Board footer