You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: What cover song would you like to see on Guns N`Roses next album

Axlin16 wrote:

Fuck God Damn mother fucking covers.

Suck my ass covers.

They need to up on some fucking NEW SONGS. And by they, I mean Axl.

If they decided to finally record a studio version of Whole Lotta Rosie as an "iTunes bonus" or something, that's fine, but not one single cover should take up space on an album.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Well if it anything like their live shows will see 1

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm the opposite Axlin...to me the covers get old live but studio versions are cool....I love a bunch of stuff from TSI, and of course KOHD and LALD on UYI were classics....I'm a bit over them live...but I was glad to have a studio cut.

Studio versions of stuff like Sailing would rule. Especially stuff where the orginal isn't as hard rock...which is why maybe the ac/dc is not the best choice...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yep that sailing would kick arse

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm the opposite Axlin...to me the covers get old live but studio versions are cool....I love a bunch of stuff from TSI, and of course KOHD and LALD on UYI were classics....I'm a bit over them live...but I was glad to have a studio cut.

Studio versions of stuff like Sailing would rule. Especially stuff where the orginal isn't as hard rock...which is why maybe the ac/dc is not the best choice...

Like I said, i'm fine with it as long as they are iTunes or Deluxe Edition bonuses.

I wouldn't mind a GN'R studio take on the Sticky Fingers classic "Sway", that GN'R performed live in 2006.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

No covers please. If they start putting out albums every 2 years, then fine. But if the wait is going to be this long, I'd like all new material.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
smoke wrote:

No covers please. If they start putting out albums every 2 years, then fine. But if the wait is going to be this long, I'd like all new material.

I hear that, but I enjoy covers, especially of songs I'm not too familiar with.  I had never heard "Sailing" before GNR played it, and I loved that version.  So it was basically a "new" song to me.

But if they go and cover "Rock and Roll All Nite", then yeah, I could do without that.

Board footer