You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Soundgarden - Live to Rise [Snippet]

smoke wrote:

I like it, but it's for a soundtrack and it shows. Looking forward to the rest for sure.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

For the record, as you mentioned... This is simply for the movie, and not from the forthcoming album (set to be released this Fall). This is from Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell’s interview with KROQ this morning: http://kroq.radio.com/2012/04/04/soundg … d-so-fast/

“We’ve been working on a new album for a while and it’s taken a while because we’ve ended up touring a few times in the middle of writing it and recording it… We’re pretty much done with that. We’re at the mixing stage of it and then this idea came up that we’d contribute a song for The Avengers film and so it’s actually the newest song that we have… Let’s take a song we’ve been working on for the album, but none of them were really right, which happens sometimes, so we thought, let’s do another one. That’s the beauty of it.”

After listening to the world premiere of his song over the phone, Cornell commented, “…this never stops freaking me out, that, this was written so recently and recorded recently, like last week… I barely remember it, it happened so fast. And now I’m hearing it coming over a phone.”

Although the single is grower for me. At least, it's safe to say... This track is not from the album. A complete standalone (written for the film itself).

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I like it. smile

Can't wait for the album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Funny that a throwaway song for a soundtrack is this good.  New album is gonna stomp ass. New direction for them. Thayils guitar tone unlike anything he's done yet.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I still think that riff sounds a hell of a lot like White Stripes' Icky Thump.

Overall, I'm not that impressed.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

Soundgarden’s “Live to Rise” music video is online. The first single from the “Avengers Assemble” soundtrack, available now.

Sky Dog wrote:

that was pretty good...definitely got more Soundgarden-ish towards the end

Board footer