You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: New "Adler" song "The One You Hated"

-D- wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It's pretty good. It has a great guitar track with strong melodies and hooks with a great 80s beat. He sounds great on the track and so do his band mates.  Could be great for radio if promoted properly. Might check the album out if some of the other material is any good.  21 I personally think "Alive" is Steven's high point in a band project since his departure from Guns. Everything on that track was on fire!

The song sounds really cool, I hope they will release an album that sounds this good, although some are going to put it down just because Steven has anything to do with it. 9

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I'll ask it just once:

Why do EVERY track Steven records NEED to have fuckin' cowbell? To me, it's like, Ok, dude, some of your beats on AFD had it, now let it go.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The song sounds bloody fuckin' awesome if you ask me. I'm literally stunned Mr. Adler is involved in something this good, honestly. His drumming sounds awesome, the beats are exactly what the song needs and drives the groove.

If this song is a preview to the future, despite his lack of writing, Steven just might be about to come into his own and make his first mark with a GN'R solo album.

The song is equal blends tribute to late 80's sleaze, but modern enough to be easily popped onto rock radio or your local pop station. It's that multi-versitile.

Great tune, ALOT better than Slash's recent "You're A Lie", and if this song is a preview, the album will be a GN'R contender for the GN'R legacy.

If only Axl would put out a new album this year so we could compare.

P.S.

And in an ironic twist, songs like this exact song of Steven's, is kinda the direction and tone I figured Axl would take having DJ Ashba as the lead face guitarist in the band. I could easily see this song with Axl on vocals, bit more lyrical depth, and DJ soloing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I also want to make a comment on the state of GN'R:

When we are bashing and shit... THIS is the stuff to get excited about. A hot song from Steven. Slash's new album. Duff and Loaded. Izzy might have something else up his sleeve. Bucket's got Electric Sea.

New music and shows, and never too much of one or the other. These are the things to keep your GN'R fandom alive. If Axl wants to be dead last on a constant basis, that's his problem.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I agree it is better than Slash & Myles' recent single. Well we got another several months left in 2012; so maybe Axl and the boys will pull something out of their hats. I personally love the cowbell when it's used in any music!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That's a good song. Seriously.

otto

otto wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Great tune, ALOT better than Slash's recent "You're A Lie", and if this song is a preview, the album will be a GN'R contender for the GN'R legacy.

This.

Axlin12 wrote:

If only Axl would put out a new album this year so we could compare.

Unfortunately not gonna happen. Not in this lifetime.

otto

otto wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

New music and shows, and never too much of one or the other. These are the things to keep your GN'R fandom alive. If Axl wants to be dead last on a constant basis, that's his problem.

I heard from a business man involved with Universal in Brazil that Axl is still touring to pay Universal US about some costs from Chinese Democracy sessions (talked about mixing/mastering costs of two albums, wasn't sure if two additional or CD + 1), plagio lawsuitS (Riad and another song, wasn't sure which one) and payback costs for interviews/promo that Axl didn't attend PLUS packaging and finishing the next album.

This executive guy told me that he heard most tracks of a follow up BEFORE cd was released...

Board footer