You are not logged in. Please register or login.

struck
 Rep: 0 

Re: New "Adler" song "The One You Hated"

struck wrote:

Does anyone know when the new disk will actually b out????

struck
 Rep: 0 

struck wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I'll ask it just once:

Why do EVERY track Steven records NEED to have fuckin' cowbell? To me, it's like, Ok, dude, some of your beats on AFD had it, now let it go.

Cause its what makes Steven Steven. Its his drumming style.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Sky Dog wrote:

wow....absolutely awful.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

The singer should've kept his shirt on, no one wants to see a scrawny pale white guy's chest...:nervous:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My Thoughts:

1. I like the band. I like the song. I like Adler.

2. The lead singer. Like his voice. The image is a little too far for me. I get that he's a modern version of the 80's scene, but with his particular face shape, when you add the make up and the bandanna, he comes off looking a little too "pretty" to me. It almost seems like he's trying to parody the scene which I'm sure he's not. But he looks a bit like Steel Panther's bassist or something like that. It's cool to me to be and look like an 80s rocker - but I almost think in his case - because he's clearly a good singer - and the image is so extreme - that it's actually working to lower his credibility on face value rather than raise it.

3. I want to fuck that blonde chick in this video....can't even see her but something about the way she moves when you do...lol.....;)

Overall - seems like Adler will be an interesting band though. I hope the album does come out cos Adler promised an Album with the last AA line up too that didn't eventuate. But it seems like this one is already recorded...so it's a good sign.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Eh..Song is great; but the video had alot of editing and camera control issues. hmm @Monkey: You ain't the only one.  16 hehe. I got to admit though that Steven's wife is hotter than the chick in the video. but..hey! that's just my opinion. xD cool Also I was looking forward to Adler's Appetite doing a record a few months back...ugh..Alive is such a great hard rock song! I've already explained this. Hopefully the rest of this upcoming album is good.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Yeah, I agree with Monkey. It comes across as a Steel Panther video, parodying the 80's scene. The lead singer looks like he raided Taime "Faster Pussycat" Downe's hair, makeup, and wardrobe closet, but even in 2012 Taime Downe still seems to take himself seriously on stage.

This guy is a bit too goofy. He seems kinda green, especially to this kind of worldwide press because he's in a band with a Hall of Fame drummer.

He needs two things

1) Stage advice
2) Image consultant

NOW

Otherwise, that's still a kickass song, and their new ballad is pretty damn good too. 9

Board footer