You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

Bono wrote:

This song and song video changed my life in terms of how I looked at music and what music did for me.  It changed everything. I liked music before this but the second I saw this video I was a music fan and I started to devor everything I could and it's all because of this video/song.

*Edit: Just listend to this back to back and fuck me was Axl's voice killer back then.  Pure venom.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

*Edit: Just listend to this back to back and fuck me was Axl's voice killer back then.  Pure venom.

Yes, it was...which is why it's embarrassing to read Rolling Stone say that Myles was "perfect" last night. Fuck no he wasn't. That's downplaying just how good Axl was when he recorded the songs 20+ years ago, and I think it's a deliberate attempt to say "fuck you" to Axl since he didn't show up to event and refused induction. The owner of Rolling Stone is the one who controls the Hall of Fame, so there would be an agenda in the reporting. Axl may be the biggest asshole on the planet, but he was one of the most talented rock singers in history. Myles was very good last night (except on Brownstone, which he simply can't sing), but he damn sure was NOT "perfect." The Appetite recordings were perfect. Axl is the Ty Cobb of music. Talented as hell, but such a huge asshole that people can't simply judge the music for what it is. They let his personality get in the way of fair analysis.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've been doing yard work most of the day, but between that, I've been going through this thread from the first page and listening to all the clips. Only got to page 2 so far, but amazing shit. Just amazing. Great posts, guys.

I've also been reading everyones GN'R memories. Awesome stuff smile

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

This has always been my favorite song. This performace I've got on a shitty VHS back in '96 and it was one of the most shocking moments of my GN'R fandom:

Slash is a MONSTER on this one! A string breaks and he continues to solo and the tension between Slash, Duff and Axl to get the song right is just phenomenal.

In closing:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I've been doing yard work most of the day, but between that, I've been going through this thread from the first page and listening to all the clips. Only got to page 2 so far, but amazing shit. Just amazing. Great posts, guys.

I've also been reading everyones GN'R memories. Awesome stuff smile

This has been THE HAPPIEST thing i've done on this board in quite sometime. A true pleasure.

More hot videos coming your way...

Live at Music Machine '86

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

This is a very special performance (at least for me), not exactly a Guns N' Roses performance (Axl & Izzy) but so important for GN'R. They just broke out and they're being accepted by their idols... Kind of like passing a torch. And Axl blows Jagger off the stage. Just a powerful moment. Just a year or so before they were basically living on the street as a struggling Rock N Roll band. Here they are with the Rolling Stones.

Hope you guys don't mind it's just Axl and Izzy. This is great quality, best I've seen of this performance. Absolutely one of my favorite moments for Axl and Izzy.

I came to know who Tom Petty was because of this performance by Axl and Izzy with him. Here in Brazil Petty is almost unknown, except on music/rock experts.

Funny thing? I'm a bigger fan of Petty's than I am of Axl nowadays!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

This has always been my favorite song. This performace I've got on a shitty VHS back in '96 and it was one of the most shocking moments of my GN'R fandom:

Slash is a MONSTER on this one! A string breaks and he continues to solo and the tension between Slash, Duff and Axl to get the song right is just phenomenal.

In closing:

That hug makes me want to cry... Damn.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

One of the great moments in GN'R history. I don't care what anyone says.

Ladies and gentlemen... THE BAND

Real mid-to-late 70's Stones right there. I don't really care for the backing band shots (real corny), but musically = 9

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

That one just makes me laugh. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I know, but it's so over the top. It really shows you how big they were at the time.

GN'R could do anything at that point. They were so over during that period.

Board footer