You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

tejastech08 wrote:

Speaking of which, I wish they hadn't exploded overnight the way they did. Would have been cool if we got more bootlegs of them from the club days. That was truly when they were most effective.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ehh, I disagree.

What I wished was that Steven had stayed clean, and then they added Dizzy, and just made themselves into that 1991 band.

That would've fuckin' destroyed.

But to me that 1991 band was PERFECT for their status. They still had this whole street, bad ass rock n' roll band. A stage production similar to other rock acts, including grunge of the time, but were headlining huge venues, but were still just a hungry, aggressive outfit, even with Sorum.

When Izzy took off, and Gilby came in with his late 70's Stones thing, and Axl started getting more of his way, it got beyond overblown.

In an ironic twist, it was actually scaled BACK. Axl originally wanted a FULL prop WWII plane on stage, a white sequined jacket, and light-up Elton John glasses that flashed "Axl" while on stage.

Everyone pleaded with him that it was a bad idea, and/or not feisable.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

In an ironic twist, it was actually scaled BACK. Axl originally wanted a FULL prop WWII plane on stage, a white sequined jacket, and light-up Elton John glasses that flashed "Axl" while on stage.

14:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Before I take off for tonight...

If meeting The Stones was the "Luke I am your father moment", than this was like the Obi Wan Kenobi & Yoda moment.

Train Kept A Rollin' 11

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

cool

misterID

misterID wrote:

One of my FAVORITE Axl vocal performances.

misterID

misterID wrote:

[youtube]CjO4rILkx-s&feature=related[/youtube]

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:
Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Ok, prolly not counting at all but;

You won't get any closer to the resurrection of Christ than what you did with Axl Rose at this moment in time.

This shit is so bitter sweet to me. I remeber being excited abotu thsi and thinking wow. Ata  time when Axl was still a god and had he taking that band and ran with it he'd be loved today for carrying on Gn'R. instead he stomped a mud hole in it and now everyone resents him for it.

I was there, it was my first GNR gig, like a dream came true thing..
I can t put in words how cool and special the vibe was that day, i have great  memories from that show and i will never forget.

Its fells like i am an luck motherfucker for being in the right place at the right time.:mosh:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:
Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Ok, prolly not counting at all but;

You won't get any closer to the resurrection of Christ than what you did with Axl Rose at this moment in time.

This shit is so bitter sweet to me. I remeber being excited abotu thsi and thinking wow. Ata  time when Axl was still a god and had he taking that band and ran with it he'd be loved today for carrying on Gn'R. instead he stomped a mud hole in it and now everyone resents him for it.

I can t put in words how cool and special the vibe was that day, i have great  memories from that show and i will never forget.

Its fells like i am an luck motherfucker for being in the right time at the right place.:mosh:

You shouldn't say that out loud here, the taste and moral police will hunt you down. 16

I mean, you can say it, but you have to end the sentence with some shit about Axl.

Like "Axl was God and now he's shit" or "Axl is sort of the best if you don't count in he's an asshole". You get the drill.

I edited your post to make it fit better;

I can t put in words how cool and special the vibe was that day (but not as cool like Ritz of course, dauh), i have great  memories from that show and i will never forget, but then Axl fucked it all up, tore a new black hole in the known universe, and Chinese Democracy isn't Appetite.

Its fells like i am an lucky motherfucker for being in the right time at the right place, you know, to see the only cool 3 hours of new GNR, you know, before he took his assholeness to epic asshole proportions. Oh and and Street Of Dreams always sucked compared to that version.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That's not fair.  He was already an epic asshole when I saw him in 1992.

Board footer