You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

Axlin16 wrote:

As Steven Tyler said, "our opening act was bigger than us. We would see the fans who came, and the place was packed. When GN'R left, the fans slowly trickled out".

I wonder if that's ever happened with any other artist?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

no matter how great opener is. why the fuck would u leave before Aerosmith?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

As Steven Tyler said, "our opening act was bigger than us. We would see the fans who came, and the place was packed. When GN'R left, the fans slowly trickled out".

Whoever opened for GnR post 2000?

Just kidding.  19

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

This thread is proof of why YouTube is the greatest website ever. I remember a time when it was hard as hell to get quick access to official music videos, never mind being able to easily find concert material for free. Someone uploaded the entire Philly '88 show to YouTube and I have it running right now on my Apple TV. That show also has one of Axl's all-time great rants about some idiot parking attendant they encountered outside the arena. haha

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Everyone keeps posting videos of 'acoustic' versions of You're Crazy.

So i'm going with this one...

You're Crazy [electric] feat. Baz at Toronto '91

Love how Baz & Axl have always brought out the best in each other on stage, trying to 'out do' each other.

russtcb wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Completely different genre but same time period; it happened with Tiffany and NKOTB. Originally they were supporting her, then they blew up and moved into arenas and stadiums. After one show in a stadium where Tiffany was basically singing "Could've Been" to the sound guy, they switched.

Haha, cool story. 16

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Whoever opened for GnR post 2000?

Just kidding.  19

Tee hee, I gotta be honest it was ALWAYS weird at new GN'R shows when Baz would say something, "hey guys, HOW GREAT IS IT TO HAVE GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES BACK?!?!"

Or Buckcherry talking about "what a great honor it is to tour with Guns N' Roses".

And people would kinda look at each other in smile in the crowd thinking, "umm, yeah". 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Van Halen opening for Boston.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You're Crazy electric is still a pretty fuckin' bad ass tune in it's own right.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

You're Crazy electric is still a pretty fuckin' bad ass tune in it's own right.

It is, but acoustic is legendary. 22

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
misterID wrote:

My FAVORITE performance of Jungle.

After going through the disaster that was the 2002 tour, I started to question if Axl had the passion or desire anymore. His 2002 voice was thin and high. His look was like he didn't care. His performances were like he was going through the motions... Then he came out in 06 a BAD ASS. The entire tour kicked ass. The band was ON. And he was fucking ON.

If this Axl woud have debuted in 2002 with Buckethead and CD behind him... Damn, no idea how far he could've gone...

But this is my favorite GN'R era, next to 87-88.

That is not my favorite version of Jungle ever.

*Come on dude, NOTHING compares to the 1988 VMA's. Timeless*

But Rock Am Ring 2006 Jungle is THE BEST performance of Jungle by the new GN'R EVER!

That scream. Throwback Axl voice.

I was never the hugest fan of that VMA performance. There were a lot better, IMO.

2006 meant a lot to me. And those shows were stellar.

Board footer