You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

misterID wrote:

One of them mentioned that if you'd listen to CD and the follow up (as it was tracklisted back then) non-stop it would seem like the same album.

Then why are you worried about the album sounding like OMG and SW?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

One of them mentioned that if you'd listen to CD and the follow up (as it was tracklisted back then) non-stop it would seem like the same album.

Then why are you worried about the album sounding like OMG and SW?

Because the band has been rehearsing/ready to play Oh My God and things change, specially on GN'R world. On my fantasy land, that's still the tracklist and the way things flow on the next record and Oh My God and Silkworms are released as B-Sides or itunes only. 11

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just a reminder... they were One In A Million. I just love Steven's role in the whole thing, almost happy to be alive and oblivious. Then Axl's "keep it going" to the mixed audience reaction. And you could also see the immediate give away racists in the audience that weren't really listening to the song, just thought it was cool that Axl said said niggers and faggots.

A very cool, yet very real moment in the band's early history. They look like street scum that just came in for a Coke and a bag of peanuts, and even that they stole.

And they also were Right Next Door To Hell. Was never nuts about this song, but that bass from "Duff Rose" and the pure aggression in this video. GD prime example of what I loved about that 1991 band.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And I leave tonight with...

A very unique Dust N' Bones, that features a heavier Duff lead vocal, with Izzy backing, and Axl non-existant almost.

And that's alright!

From London '91

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Live Era convinced me fake live albums can be a good thing. This is much better than the album version:

Always wanted to hear what this album would have sounded like. Lyrics on the level of his best UYI work and a new distinct sound. One of the heaviest songs ever produced under the moniker.

I have so MANY mixed emotions about Oh My God. Clearly sounds like a draft, inconsistent and lacks a hook but in the other hand is so far away from what we've got on Chinese that it makes me wonder the type and quality of the material on the vault.

I'd really like to hear that dark experimental album. Its just so different from what we're used to from GNR.

Even if they don't release an album like this I wish they'd release the albums through the fanclub or something. Would make it worth subscribing to.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I wish they could have put some of those experimental tracks and remixes out on a seperate album when they released CD.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

And they also were Right Next Door To Hell. Was never nuts about this song, but that bass from "Duff Rose" and the pure aggression in this video. GD prime example of what I loved about that 1991 band.

I'm actually watching that whole Noblesville, Indiana concert right now. Great fucking show.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

That would be a really cool idea. That's why they should release a compilation of session work from the other albums that were meant to make up a CD trilogy for Guns. Even if the stuff is finished or not. You can hear some instrumental pieces involving synths, strictly piano or drums, or orchestral demos. Then have working songs with some vocals, guitars, and all that.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Right after they finish November Rain, Axl says, "Can I have some water without some fucking bugs in it, please?" 14:laugh::laugh:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer