You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Always wanted to hear what this album would have sounded like. Lyrics on the level of his best UYI work and a new distinct sound. One of the heaviest songs ever produced under the moniker.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Axl claim that to be a demo version?  lyrically I agree with what you said however this version suffers from terrible, terrible, terrible production. Plus I think the dual guitar solo parts from 2:49- 2:57 absolutely suck. It's like a major attempt as pussification. It's just so out of place in my opinion. Would love to hear if he has another version of it hidden away somewhere.

I remember walking about 4 miles each way the day this came out to go buy the End of Days soundtrack. I was so damn excited to hear this and to be honest my reaction was luke warm. I didn't even really want my friends to hear it cause I ahd built it up so much and I KNEW what their reaction would be. I think the chorus is pretty awesome the rest though is just ok for me. Like I said though I agree with the lyrics being pretty darn good.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Wanted to add something from this line up...

Baffling he doesn't play this more on tour.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Probably because it sucks.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Right after they finish November Rain, Axl says, "Can I have some water without some fucking bugs in it, please?" 14:laugh::laugh:

I love that NR ended up being the source of many Axl-ism's through that tour. Dude was always pissed around that time in the set list and here it is, this big giant beautiful ballad lol.

Yeah I don't know why people shit on Indiana '91 so much. It's a total Illusion show (as close as you'd get), a total trainwreck, but EVERYTHING GN'R was about.

Plus it's homecoming for Axl & Izzy. 9

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah IRS is one of my least fave GNR songs.. Just terrible IMO

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Guns N' Roses: Beyond Thunderdome

now known as "At The Trop"

St. Pete '91

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Right after they finish November Rain, Axl says, "Can I have some water without some fucking bugs in it, please?" 14:laugh::laugh:

I love that NR ended up being the source of many Axl-ism's through that tour. Dude was always pissed around that time in the set list and here it is, this big giant beautiful ballad lol.

Yeah I don't know why people shit on Indiana '91 so much. It's a total Illusion show (as close as you'd get), a total trainwreck, but EVERYTHING GN'R was about.

Plus it's homecoming for Axl & Izzy. 9

People shit on it a bunch? Huh, didn't realize that. If nothing else, we got hands down the greatest "cocaine" moment when Axl goes berserk during Perfect Crime.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

People shit on Axl's voice from the show. Alot of people think he sounds like shit, because he's over raspy.

I laugh at that, because if they think Indiana '91 sounds like shit, i've got YEARS worth of shows to show them from 2001-2012 that make Indiana '91 look like Ritz '88.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

People shit on Axl's voice from the show. Alot of people think he sounds like shit, because he's over raspy.

I laugh at that, because if they think Indiana '91 sounds like shit, i've got YEARS worth of shows to show them from 2001-2012 that make Indiana '91 look like Ritz '88.

Agreed. Plus Tokyo '92 was even raspier, didn't have Izzy, and had the shitty backing singers/orchestra to make it even worse. Indiana '91 is still prime Guns N' Roses.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed, along with Rio II, both nights, those shows combined are the premiere moments of the UYI tour. 1992 the big moment was the appearence at the Freddie tribute. If I had to chose a '92 show for people it'd be Chicago '92, with Paradise City tacked on from one of the other shows in '92. Argentina '93 is historical, because it was of course 'the end'. The series finale to 'prime era' Guns N' Roses, and GN'R period until Axl actually gets off his ass and makes GN'R be something again, even if it's iTunes rock charts beside Daughtry and Shinedown.

Board footer