You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

Axlin16 wrote:

Time for a much needed bump

How often do you see Axl with a guitar? Never understood why they didn't perform this on those 1991 shows.

If you watched this then died, you'd be complete.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Besides some of the early UYI tour shows and the Dead Horse music video, those are the only times I've seen Axl with a guitar in hand in the 90s. The last time we've all seen that happen was back in Rock in Rio 3 in 2001. Also some of his guitar parts for some odd reason are on the final studio versions for Maddy and TWAT. I should add that back in '95 and the early years of forming the new lineup in late '96, 97, Axl probably played guitar for rehearsal purposes or to get some song ideas together with Paul, Dizzy, and the others.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

He did an interview once (I thought) where he talked about learning guitar all on his own, because he at one point thought he'd have to take over on rhythm guitar because they just couldn't find anybody he liked and Paul didn't want to do it full time and was just doing it as a favor to Axl.

I think that would've been a very interesting time. It's such a shame Axl's the weird ass that he is, because during that mid-to-late 90's period just an "Axl unplugged" deal where he was in his man cave just coming up with pieces and jamming acoustic ideas out would've been awesome.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I know everyone loves that Farm Aid 1990 performance by the original band, and they should, but I also was always fond of this Oklahoma '92 performance of Civil War.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

He did an interview once (I thought) where he talked about learning guitar all on his own, because he at one point thought he'd have to take over on rhythm guitar because they just couldn't find anybody he liked and Paul didn't want to do it full time and was just doing it as a favor to Axl.

I think that would've been a very interesting time. It's such a shame Axl's the weird ass that he is, because during that mid-to-late 90's period just an "Axl unplugged" deal where he was in his man cave just coming up with pieces and jamming acoustic ideas out would've been awesome.

11 That would be quite amazing!! I do appreciate Tobias for sticking with Axl through that crazy mysterious time of the mid 90s. I especially applaud Dizzy for still sticking with the band through all the shit. He helped start and contribute to alot of the material and who knows what's still left in the CD session vault. I think originally  Axl asked Slash if he could help out on rhythm guitar for awhile after Izzy left for good and Gilby was fired. Since most of the band members felt uncomfortable and couldn't get the right vibes playing with Paul. Then it just went downhill from there  for a good number of years. I'm still holding out some hope that this band should do an unplugged show with some new material and stream it. I watched some of the small Rose bar gig on youtube and it was so badass! cool

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl n' Izzy 2012 was cool, but this is still supreme!

Board footer