You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GNREVO HOF tribute to Guns N' Roses.

tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I love that song...wish it was on AFD instead of Anything Goes.

Agree with this, and I would have liked something along the lines of Shadow of Your Love in favor of You're Crazy. The acoustic version of You're Crazy on GN'R Lies is far superior to the electric version IMHO.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

For my bro, DCK smile

Love the shot between Tommy and Axl at the beginning. Like a little insight into their relationship.  Robin's solo is fantastic.

Axl, this is why you keep hearing people scream "There Was A Time" at your shows, dude.

Sky Dog wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I love that song...wish it was on AFD instead of Anything Goes.

Agree with this, and I would have liked something along the lines of Shadow of Your Love in favor of You're Crazy. The acoustic version of You're Crazy on GN'R Lies is far superior to the electric version IMHO.

totally agree....it would be nice to have a 25th anniversary AFD with original artwork on the cover and those 2 as bonus tracks.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I always thought Axl sucked live on that song.

In his defense though, it's a DIFFICULT song to sing. Even for amateurs on Rock Band, it takes everything you have to try to do it right, and that's just your living room.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I always thought Axl sucked live on that song.

In his defense though, it's a DIFFICULT song to sing. Even for amateurs on Rock Band, it takes everything you have to try to do it right, and that's just your living room.

I haven't sung it (or played the game) in ages, but I was top 5 on Rock Band for a while.  I did have to take it down an octave or so though...

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
DCK wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
DCK wrote:

Jesus Christ man, can't you read??

Yes I can read. If you agreed it wasn't GN'R, why the hell post it in this thread? 16

Hey smart guy, read the first post of the thread.

Go ahead and post some fucking Snakepit then, if you think it's so damn cool. Who cares. It's just a tribute.

Who said I'm a Snakepit fan? I'm not. I don't have either of those albums in my iTunes library, but I do have Chinese Democracy in there. Just saying.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Does anybody LIKE this song? I was never a fan, BUT this performance is the closest to BAD ASS that i've seen/heard.

Total fuckin' garage band moment

If someone invents time travel in my life time, and resells tickets to that gig, lord only knows how much I'd pay. Just for the raw energy alone.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i`m a huge fan of the hollywood rose demos. reckless life, anything goes and killing time are bad ass rock songs and axl is fuckin killing it there! those vocals are some of my favourite he`s ever done.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
WARose wrote:

i`m a huge fan of the hollywood rose demos. reckless life, anything goes and killing time are bad ass rock songs and axl is fuckin killing it there! those vocals are some of my favourite he`s ever done.

Yep, he kicks ass on those demos. Rocker, Shadow of Your Love, and Reckless Life are my favorites.

Meanwhile, listening to Use Your Illusion I right now. Kickass album, and probably underrated in history. UYI2, on the other hand, has too much filler. I count only 8, maybe 9 songs (if you include "So Fine") that should have been included instead of the 14 released. IMHO, you're looking at 24-25 worthy songs for the two albums instead of the 30 they released. Would have been an even stronger set of albums if they had trimmed some of the fat.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:

Ok, prolly not counting at all but;

You won't get any closer to the resurrection of Christ than what you did with Axl Rose at this moment in time.

This shit is so bitter sweet to me. I remeber being excited abotu thsi and thinking wow. Ata  time when Axl was still a god and had he taking that band and ran with it he'd be loved today for carrying on Gn'R. instead he stomped a mud hole in it and now everyone resents him for it.

Board footer