You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash just looks and sounds like a total fucking badass in those clips!

man crush? Jesus....it isn't really that special. The induction and speeches were nice but the performance. Meh.

SCOM hasn't sounded that good musically since the old band imploded. Singer sucks I'll give you that but I was blown away by the solo. Like I said before, I had forgot how it properly sounded. Proves how unique Slash really is.

ottosporteman wrote:

That stage was not a friendly environment.

Now add Axl there.. It was gonna blow out of proportions.

Agreed. Matt should have been bitch slapped by someone on the stage for his comments. I watched the replay a couple nights ago and the weird vibe onstage was even more noticeable.

IF a reunion ever happens, I give it a week before implosion. It's never gonna work. Fuck, take Axl out of the equation and let the guys onstage that night tour as a tribute act, I still give it a week.

It's just not gonna happen folks. Maybe it shouldn't happen.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm starting to agree just watching the VR situation. This isn't Soundgarden or Alice In Chains, regardless of Axl. SOME-THING happened behind the scenes with VR, whether it be Scott, Duff w/ Axl, or Myles vs. Corey.

There is TONNNNNSSS of tension between Slash & Matt. It's VERY obvious at this point. Especially when Steven was on stage. Duff also seems very distant too, and for the first time i've ever seen him kinda stand off-ish of Slash.

Is Slash pissed at Duff & Axl? Is Duff pissed at Slash & Myles and using VR vault tracks? Is Matt pissed because he was basically fired because the two queens wanted to do something else without him?

For the first time ever, Axl's unit seems to be in more harmonious balance than Slash's. Never thought i'd see the day.

I said after the Rock Hall thing that the whole game changed, regardless of Axl. None of these guys at this point will ever be around each other short of "guesting" on studio tracks here in there, and occasional special guest appearences. They've basically turned into Pink Floyd, except this time David kept touring the name.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i think you guys might be looking a bit too much into this...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Like THAT ever happens...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think so. There's obvious bullshit that went on with VR and it has obviously changed Slash & Duff's relationship on stage.

What do I know? Hell they might've fucked for all I know.

Either way, after all these years, something is off. It could just be as simple of "i'm tired of playing with this person. It bores me now".

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I just rewatched the SCOM video again and I still think musically it is the best it's been played in a very very long time. Slash is on point. The solo was perfect to my ears and I don't ride anyone's balls so I'm not bias. Vocals were decent. Nothing more and nothing less.

I did notice as others pointed out that there was little to none interaction between Duff and Slash on stage. I won't draw conclusions but Duff looked like he was having a ball with Steven in and out of the pocket. Even Gilby joined in a few times. Slash was just in a zone as he becomes the focus point for eyes and ears without Axl on stage. Duff and Slash seemed fine while off not playing backstage and shit. I didn't see the tension. But I do think VR is not a pleasant band to be in right now. And doubt we will see anything VR for a long time.

Sky Dog wrote:

Slash is an attention whore...as is Axl. They will never work together again. Period. There is no interaction on stage because Slash was showing off...trying to prove a point. He plays great, but I still say outside of the outro to Paradise City, the performance is pretty listless. I am glad they played. However, it is a typical coat and tie performance.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

That stage was not a friendly environment.

Now add Axl there.. It was gonna blow out of proportions.

That's what made the band so explosive you never knew what would happen

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Seeing Slash nail those songs with Adler in the background on the kit and duff rocking out was totally awesome. He showed up and rocked, but now he didn't interact enough, wtf. He showed and out on a hell of a show. As did the other guys. With no axl, everyone was focused on him. Maybe he had to prove a point to all the non players that he isn't some washed up has been junkie that can't play anymore.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Iv put Guns N`Roses ft Myles Kennedy - Sweet Child O`Mine and Paradise city (RRHOF) Videos HD in 200mb files in the download section if anyone wants them

Board footer