You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Newsroom (Now on HBO)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

FUCK YES!

Too bad HBO will cancel it 5 episodes in for horse abuse (Jane Fonda).

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I've actually never been a big Sorkin fan believe it or not.

But this looks incredibly good, and Jeff Daniels has ALWAYS been a SORELY UNDERRATED actor. One of the great character actors of his generation, and I put him right up there with Jeff Bridges, even though Daniels doesn't have the A-list resume that Bridges as got.

I know Daniels, whatever makes this... he'll be the heart and soul of it, no different than Hoffman in Luck, Gandolfini in Sopranos, McShane in Deadwood...

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

My only question at this point is, like with that Kiefer Sutherland show "Touch"... how long can Newsroom keep up that kind of intensity?

Will there be a risk of each episode kinda becoming samey? So the guy is an asshole, who is a babyface Republican that turns heel... why do we care?

I'm not badmouthing the show (I WILL be watching), but i'm just brainstorming here and thinking immediately of some of the flaws the show might have.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I watched Sports Night when it was originally on ABC. Gotcha on the comparisons, I saw that immediately. But even when it was originally on I kinda leaned to it being "overrated by critics". It was never ever a bad show, and other than X-Files, it was definitely the most unique show on network TV at the time.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

it was ok..

typical fun firecracker sanctimonious ravings.
but also typical soap opera-lite relationship garbage.
defo could do w/o the jeff daniels/executive producer romance BS & that terrible love-triangle angle w/the associate producers. like a really smelly fart in the middle of a pretty fun evening.

overall, could be good but could be boring.

Board footer