You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Newsroom (Now on HBO)

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm glad Slashfro kinda saw it the same way I did. I felt exactly the same. The talkiness in Episode 2 seemed to just be Sorkin beating off to his own intelligence.

There's nothing wrong with Sorkinisms when it actually correlates to how a scene is moving, but the first two acts of that episode were honestly Steven Seagal "True Justice" cringe-worthy.

johndivney wrote:

There is some good stuff in here but swamped by guff id have to fast forward if I am to continue watching: the blonde haired lunar faced girl w/anxiety attacks & the ditzy British exec who is meant to be some super-smart journo.. basically the relationship crap. Basically I don't find the wit & warmth generated worthwhile & the cast p ugly & unlovable.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Plus all of "the relationship stuff" has to be in the show or else it would just be called "The News" except it would be 2 years late.

16 very true

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Caught the 3rd episode a few days ago and came away impressed.  They kept the Sorkinisms to a minimum and focused on the news and politics side.  In a nutshell, they gave Jeff Daniels a lot more time to shine.  Jane Fonda made her debut and I'm not sure what to think about her character yet.  She seemed slightly over the top.  I'm sure there will be scenes where she'll be sparing with Sam Waterson and Jeff Daniels.

Still don't like the relationship stuff all that much.  They still Mackenzie character seem like an idiot (not as bad as last week).  In the pilot, I thought her character was over Will.  In the last two weeks, there seems to be a reversal in character.  I found it pathetic how she started grilling all of Will's dates.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the relatioship stuff with Will and Mackenzie is fine, but I think the relationship stuff when the blonde and the new guy, plus the asshole Producer.... that stuff is just "whatever" *snore*.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB