You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Guns N Roses Requst 20 Models For Front Row Of Glasgow Concert

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

here's the thing dude. Are we to honestly believe that Axl Rose is the only guy in the muisc industry who has anxiety issues that can come and go at any moment yet cause him to be consistently late?

I hear what you're saying, but even in an industry full of non-ordinary people like the entertainment business Axl stands out as having a lot of particular psychological things associated with him. We all know the types of things:

* taking 15 years to do an album
* alleged spousal abuse / alleged rape
* alleged violent outburts (smashing mirrors/windows/ pushing pianos   out of windows etc)
* multiple periods of extreme reclusion
* apparent inability to forgive past bandmates even for extreme wealth
* apparent self sabotage of his own comeback album
* adopting his domestic staff in the role of blood family members
* frequent fall outs with all management and business types
* placing untrained staff in key roles
* 20+ years of nocturnal living
* alleged belief and reliance of supernatural sciences when making decisions and so on.
* multiple arrests etc

Now he's not the ONLY person to have some of these, but what i'm saying is in the CONTEXT of ALL of those things that Axl seems to have going on....it's not really a stretch for me to think that whatever mental issue causes him to make some of the unusual choices also makes it difficult for him to start on time.

I'm sure there's an element of stardom to it as well, in that Axl is nocturnal and so these start times are morning to him, and therefore he doesn't like to push it too much earlier for preparation ....but at the end of the day he's my favourite performer...but everything about his whole life that we know suggests he labours under psychological pressure of some kind....

So for me, in the context of knowing stories of his other "mental" issues, it seems more likely to me that the late start is related to those things rather than him just straight out being an asshole simply for the recreational value of it.

The bad excuses and so on only enforce the idea in my head, Axl is in charge, he's got a very unusual perspective when it comes to everything it seems, and so he does what he thinks needs to be done - in his Axl way...but to me it's more likely he's just wrong and a bit nuts than that he's intentionally being a dickhead over and over.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Ali didn't say a goddamn word of that, or anything close. John was putting words in Ali's mouth (like you are now). The only thing I got from Ali's posts was this:

"I understand the inconvenience completely.  I don't understand why this is getting a reaction that to me seems as if it is something new and fresh when in reality it is not."

That it shouldn't be a surprise after 20 years. This isn't exactly breaking news that Axl goes on late. And at this point it's really more like, "yeah, and?"

People are going to keep complaining about it, and people are going to keep wondering why people keep complaining about it.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear Ali was talking about the guy who worked the event the other night and complained.  Not about anyone complaining on message boards.

I agree with him there.  It should be common knowledge by now.  Though I also agree with Buzz and others, as long as it continues (and it will) people will continue to complain.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear Ali was talking about the guy who worked the event the other night and complained.  Not about anyone complaining on message boards.

Well.......

Ali wrote:

I honestly don't get what is shocking about the start time (to the regular followers of the band, not the crew who likely don't fall in the aforementioned category).
Ali

Classic Ali not comprehending what other's are actually saying. This clearly shows Ali was directing his comments at the people on this board talking about late starts. Ali was CLEARLY suggesting people on this board are still shocked by late starts.

faldor wrote:

I agree with him there.  It should be common knowledge by now.  Though I also agree with Buzz and others, as long as it continues (and it will) people will continue to complain.

And the truth is it's well beyond people on Gn'R sites complaiing. It's simply a matter of calling it like it is. Acceptance while still acknowldeging how fucking lame it is.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Oh, as bad as people complaining on GNR sites are, those on the outside are much worse.  Most GNR fans are used to the charade and put up with it.  Some don't.  The opposite is true for non GNR fans.  They think it's utterly ridiculous and won't put up with it no matter what.  I can't say that I blame them.  If you're not a huge fan and staying out till 4 in the morning isn't your thing, why would you bother buying a ticket to see Axl? 

Luckily for me, I love GNR and staying up late.  So for me, it's the perfect match.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

True. And given every show review mentions the late start times more and more people will be inclined to pass on Gn'R shows given it's not the "real band" and given there isn't anything new for people to latch onto. Pretty hard to convince people to pay $75-$100 to go see a "cover band" in the middle of the week and the show won't start untill  11:00pm or later. 

The problem is you even have diehards leaving shows early. As great as the show was that I saw in 2010 the place was half empty by the time they played Paradise City. Axl's late starts DO dampen the mood of a show no matter how good the mood is. To be honest when it's nearing 2:00am most people don't really care for an encore and as much as they wanna hear the songs they love they are also waiting for the show to end. It's just the truth.  I said it right after I saw the Foo Fighters the place was fucking rocking the entire time. Then again the show ended just after the time a Gn'R show would start.

but like we've all said time and time again, it's never gonna change.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know why someone is surprised that after 20 years, people are still complaining about the start times.  It sucks.  It's rude.  There's no good reason for it other than one guy thinks he's the only one that matters.  Dealing with it and being happy about it are two different things.  If Axl's lucky enough to be performing in 20 years, people are still going to be complaining about him coming on late.  Deal with it.  wink

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I gave up the "late complaing" years ago.

This is NOT Guns N' Roses. Let's get that straight, whether it's Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, Dizzy, DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank or Chris. None of those dudes. This is not a GN'R thing.

It's an Axl thing. Hell Slash is such the opposite of Axl, that I pulled an Axl on Slash last year at a Slash show. I was running about 5-10 minutes behind, and he starts the fuckin' show 5 minutes early. Asshole. 16

The thing is people still talking about this and complaining about this, and "WHY?" is a waste of epic fucking time man.

He does it because he's an ASSHOLE.

Once again, the dude is a walking HEEL.

What's even more embarassing is the fact people still talk about it. If you don't like DON'T GO TO THE FUCKING SHOWS.

Are you crazy? Are you insane?

In 2000 fucking 12, we still have people going "I just don't understand why it's so hard..."

Because HE LIKES IT. I, like Russ, refuse to believe that the mother fucking WALL show can go on every night on time without incident for months and months, across the world, but Rose N' Rose can't do it. I don't say Guns, because they aren't there, and I don't say Roses, because DJ, Ron, Richard, Tommy, Frank, Dizzy & Chris show up ready to fucking work.

It's real simple, in 2012, you KNOW Axl Rose is notorious for being late. Every GN'R show I go to (which turnout gets smaller and smaller everytime mind you)

by 11:30 at night everyone is booing, people are leaving

WHAT?

I want my money back

WHAT?

Axl sucks

WHAT?

Slash is so much better

WHAT?

He's too old and fat to keep doing this

WHAT?

Then the lights dim, and suddenly all those same people are ready to suck Fu Man Puss old 50-year old cock and call it the best mic in rock again.

In another words...

If you don't like this, in 2012... don't go. Don't give the pussy money. Don't keep supporting him. And eventually when he has to play a fuckin' Haggis and Piss joint in Scotland in front of Nessie and 3 drunkards, he might get the idea. But what he won't get is YOUR MONEY and YOUR TIME.

What you DON'T DO

Is keep complaing about it for decades, because it makes you lamer him.

And that's the Bottommmmmmmm lineeeeeeee 'cause Axlin said SO!

johndivney wrote:

mate, like ali & godknows whoever else you are missing the fucking point - we're not going to the shows!
& we CANT go to the shows cause the guy at the top has EXCLUDED us.

people aren't complaining about him being late, we're just continually dismayed by the lack of respect or gratitude shown. & the start times are a product of that, that's why it's an avenue to discuss his behaviour.

it doesn't make us lamer than him. he's the guy who changed the script & rules of what it means to be a GnR fan. he's the only one who is making the problems. & it's cause the solutions are so blindingly simple people can get infuriated.

maybe it's lame to want in. but he wont let us.
or rather, maybe it's lame to want GnR to be what GnR is meant to be, but he won't let that happen. he's broke it & turned it into something phony. & the again the late starts are merely a way to examine his fucking problem.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I will grant you that he changed what it meant to be a GN'R fan without any of our or the band's approval.

But this has been a problem since 1991. Setlist complaints I see as "warranted" and "worthy".

"Axl shows up late, makes audience wait 2 hours, European fans miss train" is like, huh?

You know what you get when you go to an Axl Rose show at this point. This has gone on for over 20 years. Eventually the "fool me once" argument comes in.

By now... it's gotta be "shame on you".

And if it's a case of YOU CAN'T go, than I guess Axl doesn't want to see you that bad, nor does he want or need your money that bad. Sunrise, sunset.

As someone who studies Psychology, I say this about Axl...

He's an asshole. That's my clinical diagnosis.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I will grant you that he changed what it meant to be a GN'R fan without any of our or the band's approval.

But this has been a problem since 1991. Setlist complaints I see as "warranted" and "worthy".

"Axl shows up late, makes audience wait 2 hours, European fans miss train" is like, huh?

You know what you get when you go to an Axl Rose show at this point. This has gone on for over 20 years. Eventually the "fool me once" argument comes in.

And if it's a case of YOU CAN'T go, than I guess Axl doesn't want to see you that bad, nor does he want or need your money that bad. Sunrise, sunset.

As someone who studies Psychology, I say this about Axl...

He's an asshole. That's my clinical diagnosis.

The GReatest Asshole of all Time 14

johndivney wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

nope. it shouldn't be that. it's still shame on axl.
people WANT to go experience the music they love, his behaviour denies them that. that's it. it's not the fans' fault for caring.
he doesn't care about the fans.
that really all i've been saying since i joined this thread.. i know it's obv, but i think it's still a fair & valid argument to make.

Board footer