You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Guns N Roses Requst 20 Models For Front Row Of Glasgow Concert

Gibbo wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

You know what you get when you go to an Axl Rose show at this point. This has gone on for over 20 years. Eventually the "fool me once" argument comes in.

By now... it's gotta be "shame on you".

nope. it shouldn't be that. it's still shame on axl.
people WANT to go experience the music they love, his behaviour denies them that. that's it. it's not the fans' fault for caring.
he doesn't care about the fans.
that really all i've been saying since i joined this thread.. i know it's obv, but i think it's still a fair & valid argument to make.

That was confirmed when he didnt show for the RRHOF

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

My thing is I think he does it cause he's an asshole. He's the biggest diva ever. The late starts don't suprise me.  What suprises me is people who think there's mor to it than simple ego and dickheadedness. It simply boils down to the guy not giving a  rats ass and just being a dick. Not even the guys in his own band fully know why they go on so late.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

John is a battered wife. Axl's horrible, awful, he beats you, he hates you, but you can't leave him... BECAUSE YOU LOVE HIM AND HE'LL CHANGE!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Seriously ID, that's the way I see it. I know you and me have had our feud work's, but at this point I swear to God the battered wife thing is starting to have a reversal shift change going on.

It's now affecting the haters. Not the fanboys anymore. 16

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Ali didn't say a goddamn word of that, or anything close. John was putting words in Ali's mouth (like you are now). The only thing I got from Ali's posts was this:

"I understand the inconvenience completely.  I don't understand why this is getting a reaction that to me seems as if it is something new and fresh when in reality it is not."

That it shouldn't be a surprise after 20 years. This isn't exactly breaking news that Axl goes on late. And at this point it's really more like, "yeah, and?"

People are going to keep complaining about it, and people are going to keep wondering why people keep complaining about it.

Again, before anything gets twisted, going on late is not cool, it's not okay, it's disrespectful, it's bullshit, but it is what it is.

My grandfather went ten times to see Hank Williams Sr. live. And ten times old Hank didn't show up for the gig. It is what it is.

(I believe my grandfather did end up seeing him once, though)

ID hits the nail on the head.  I never said anything about how people here "can't" express their frustration with Axl's late starts.  I'm just surprised that anyone who's been a fan of this band for any substantial period of time still has this get a rise out of them.  For me, if I'm expecting something to happen, or know it's entirely possible it will, that prepares for when it does happen and therefore lessens the blow, so to speak.  I never said anyone was "ridiculous" either.  That's clearly putting words in my mouth.  For someone who said I'm not comprehending what people are saying, putting words in someone's mouth like that doesn't exactly show a good comprehension of what they're saying either.  14

Ali

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Bono wrote:

My thing is I think he does it cause he's an asshole. He's the biggest diva ever. The late starts don't suprise me.  What suprises me is people who think there's mor to it than simple ego and dickheadedness.

I see it the other way. To me the whole history of GNR and indeed what we know of Axl's personal life suggests something. He has never been a regular "normal" person and he's seemed to have a whole lot of emotional and mental type issues.

You and I could both write a list 30 entries long of the weird and abnormal (even for superstars) way he's done stuff....

Yet all of a sudden when it comes to the late starts everyone seems to think he's completely well balanced, rational, happy and just does it simply for the enjoyment of being an asshole....

To me that doesn't make sense.

No disrespect...and I'm not condoning anything he does...I'm just saying Axl's always been kind of nuts...it's what gave him that edge....but I don't get why when it comes to this issue everyone forgets that and assumes he's just a tool.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

ID hits the nail on the head.  I never said anything about how people here "can't" express their frustration with Axl's late starts.  I'm just surprised that anyone who's been a fan of this band for any substantial period of time still has this get a rise out of them.  For me, if I'm expecting something to happen, or know it's entirely possible it will, that prepares for when it does happen and therefore lessens the blow, so to speak.  I never said anyone was "ridiculous" either.  That's clearly putting words in my mouth.  For someone who said I'm not comprehending what people are saying, putting words in someone's mouth like that doesn't exactly show a good comprehension of what they're saying either.  14

Ali

Hey clown read up above and you'll see I quoted you doing exactly what you say you didn't do. Checkmate. have a good night.

monkeychow wrote:

Yet all of a sudden when it comes to the late starts everyone seems to think he's completely well balanced, rational, happy and just does it simply for the enjoyment of being an asshole....

To me that doesn't make sense..

At no point did I say he's completely rational, well balanced, happy. In fact i think he's the opposite of all those things thus he does it simply becuase he's a dick whos' the biggest diva ever. That makes perfect sense.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

John is a battered wife. Axl's horrible, awful, he beats you, he hates you, but you can't leave him... BECAUSE YOU LOVE HIM AND HE'LL CHANGE!!!

oh definitely mate!

well not entirely. i don't believe he will change.

it's just that i realise how precious this thing is & it's getting wrecked. that's all. i care. am i a sucker for that? yea, definitely, considering the amount of energy & canoli's i've used supporting this band.

but i'm not gonna stop fighting for it. it's mine as much as anyones.

Ali wrote:

Ali

no he doesn't. and yea, all you seem to do these days is express bewilderment that peopole are talking about the negative things that continue to go on.
if you don't want people discussing something the best way is to ignore it.
e.g.: i was surprised to see that Slash/Piers Cunting Morgan thread descend into another debate about the legal mumbo-jumbo but i didn't wade in & say "OMG i cant believe u gays r still talkin about this blah blah blah".
no, i stayed out of the thread that was of no real interest to me!
time and again, in this thread alone, you've called for the debate to stop. why is it, that you get surprised after this substantial period of time of people still being annoyed?! why are we not allowed to get angry but you're allowed to be surprised by us?!

this debate is important to me cause i still want to figure out why? it's not about change, it's about answers - the same way the Piers Cunting Morgan thread is about answers, those people aren't hanging on for a reunion they just want clarity. that's what i want too, but you seem intent of derailing the discussion.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

Again, you are putting words in my mouth.  I never said anything about being "allowed" or "not allowed" to feel or think anything.  Just as you are expressing your frustration, I'm expressing my surprise that this still gets a reaction out of anyone after 20+ years of this.  That's all.  Expressing a thought or opinion, as you are doing, is not derailing the discussion.  That's a fallacy right there.

Ali

Board footer