You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

-D- wrote:

No faldor. Duff is still spineless. Still love him though. One thing doesnt make me no longer a fan.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh and for the record had Slash not showed up to the RRHOF I'd have thought he was lame as well. Difference is he "got it" As did the other guys who showed up.  It's not my fault Axl's ego and Izzy "coolness" prohibited them from being there.  The fact is they weren't there and it was a dick move on both their parts.

jesus fucking christ.

YOU DON'T FUCKING GET IT

stop fucking dumbing it down!!

how the fuck is the RnRHoF about the fans?! explain it to me, please. i have yet to see any fan of any artist ever inducted into that crap ever benefit one fucking iota. did faldor get a handjob off steven or did i miss something?! i just thought he had to pay money for the privilege of seeing the mega rich congratulate themselves!!

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I was disappointed that he couldn't make an effort for RRHOF - it struck me as sort of childish to be honest.

I'm just sick of him getting a pass from fans I guess. He has this mystique of it being cool that he won't commit to anything. And I like his songwriting, but I think praise of it from fans is out of proportion....GNR was famous because Axl's voice was in the top 5 of all time singers, and Slash's guitar is up there with the all time guitarists too....izzy is great...and gave them a platform to work on....but there's no way he's better than either of them to me....but that's personal taste.

that's all very fair, & i would agree w/some of it. but i do disagree re: the songwriting & his importance for the synergy.
& i mean, it'd be nice to debate that - where his mystique comes from & if it is deserved (obv from people who don't identify w/slash or axl as much, but also maybe because axl & slash are such larger than life characters & suffer a backlash); his role as a go-between/communicator for axl etc etc.
but that's not gonna happen w/o spiteful mf's twisting some bitter fued into the middle of it. it's seemingly impossible to avoid in this particular universe.

i think it's p clear, & it's a point bigbri or someone made earlier, when you look @ the post-Izzy output of both the 'big guns', it's not just the absence of the other that's missing.
& yea, Coma/Estranged are evidence that maybe there coulda been life beyond Izzy. but he was able to communicate between the two of them better than anyone, than even the duffer. & that has been irreplaceable & a deadly loss. & that's why he was so important.
he mightn't have written the most epic songs, or been the main man, but he was the man that allowed them to be able to work together...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Every gunner was very important. They all brought something to the table.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

jesus fucking christ.

YOU DON'T FUCKING GET IT

how the fuck is the RnRHoF about the fans?! explain it to me, please. i have yet to see any fan of any artist ever inducted into that crap ever benefit one fucking iota. did faldor get a handjob off steven or did i miss something?! i just thought he had to pay money for the privilege of seeing the mega rich congratulate themselves!!

If I have to explain it to ya you're not smart enough to understand it anyways.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

And despite the fact some of you say the RRHOF didnt' mean anything to the fans well it did and you're full of shit cause had they all showed up you'd all have thought it was an incredible moment for the fans and band alike. BUT because Axl & Izzy didn't show up up it's not that big of a deal. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

fuck you, you mindless idiot. try replying once w/o condescending into mudslinging.

prick.

Wow!  Truth hurts doesn't it.  And even further had Axl showed up and Slash not we'd all be shitting on Slash for it and saying how great it was for Axl to show up. Deny it all you want, just makes you look foolish in doing so.  15

And ID says I'm the one with anger issues 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Sorry, but I think it's clearly an Axl vs. Slash thing.  Call it what you will, dumbed down, oversimplified, juvenile, petty, etc.  The fanbase has been divided for over a decade now.  There are those who support Slash and those that support Axl.  Especially after the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  People have even stronger opinions now.  And for the record, I don't think I've heard (m)any Slash fan(s) say they thought that Izzy playing with Axl in London was cool.  I've heard, "he needed the money", "way to lick Axl's ballsack", "way to move forward Axl".  Things of that nature.  You asked that question.  That's my answer.  And the same goes for Axl fans in relation to the Rock Hall performance.  They slammed that, saying that it wasn't GNR without Axl.  I disagree with both lines of thought.

I'm not saying EVERYONE (Slash fans) hates Izzy.  Talk about oversimplifying things.  I've pointed it out before.  Duff was "spineless" when he opened for Guns.  But since he "did the right thing" and showed up to the Hall, he's in good graces again.  So I guess the lesson here is, everything these guys did before that night in Cleveland doesn't matter.  Those who showed up are exonerated for any past wrong doings.  Those who didn't, to hell with them.  That one night was the end all, be all.

Oh, there I go oversimplifying things again.  I drove 9 1/2 hours to Cleveland for that night and I thought it was AWESOME!  If anyone should be pissed, it should be me.  I could've seen the reunion that will never happen.  And since we know that's not going to happen, I could've still seen Izzy.  It would've been fantastic.  But it didn't happen.  People feel differently, and that's fine obviously.  Again, I think people put way too much emphasis on that one night.  It was, what it was.  I guess it meant a lot more to others though.  So be it.

Well then you are flat out fucking wrong because to be honest the backlash Izzy is/was recieving has nothing to do with an Axl vs Slash thing right now. It's obvious that isn't it and it's painfully obvious the backlash he's recived has been blown so far outta proportion by those who don't get why he's recieving any to begin with. People like you and ID have made a mountain out of a mole hill. Seriously. You guys have a bigger issue with the people having an issue with Izzy than those who actually have the issue with Izzy. It's fucking hilarious.

the fact you don't belive had Axl showed up to the RRHOF and Slash skipped out that Slash would be getting shit on and Axl would've been praised for it is hilarious. It's not about Axl vs Slsh right now it's about who did the right thinga dn who fucked off.  It's so narrow minded on your part to think it's all about Axl hate. You do dumb it down. You think people need to be in one camp or the other. Slash vs Axl. Hilarious. That isn't even remotely the case in this situation but like I said it's easier for you to digest and understand if you lay it out that way.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bono, Monkey, Mikka, Metallex, and me....  Is it us alone in this camp about the rnrhof?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh and for the record had Slash not showed up to the RRHOF I'd have thought he was lame as well. Difference is he "got it" As did the other guys who showed up.  It's not my fault Axl's ego and Izzy "coolness" prohibited them from being there.  The fact is they weren't there and it was a dick move on both their parts.

jesus fucking christ.

YOU DON'T FUCKING GET IT

I agree 100%. I get zero gratification from any band I like getting in. Its an industry circle jerk and has nothing to do with fans.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

A fan, short for fanatic, loves any honor their team or band gets. The rnrhof is a once in a lifetime moment where you are acknowledged by a committee, institution, weather you like them or not, on your bands career accomplishments. Since most of us have been GNR fans since the 80's or early 90's it is awesome that your favorite band gets some recognition for being the badass band they were. You bought their albums, you bought their merch, you went to their shows, and now they are getting inducted to the only body we have that gives recoginition to them. So as a fan, you will really into it. Cause it's your band!  So at this big event, you want it to go down as good and as classy as it possibly can, cause you are a fan. So this date has been looming forever. This big day when GNR gets some love and play a couple tunes, and 2 founding members pull no shows....  To say a fan might not be affected by that is an opinion, but a wrong opinion.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Don't have the time to read all the arguing over the HOF, but I have a question for all sides of that debate.... does your stance apply only to GNR or all bands? Example being a Soundgarden induction and Hiro does not attend, or does attend but is not asked to perform. Would Hiro be a rebel for not attending/performing or is he an asshole?

There's Izzy hate going around? Is there a crack epidemic sweeping GNR nerd nation?

Board footer