You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: State of GNRevolution (PLEASE READ, discuss)

faldor wrote:

I only read the first page, but I see no reason to change anything.  Things have been much bleaker than they are now and we persevered.  I could see if there was NOTHING on the horizon for years on end.  But the band is active now.  Even if it's the same old thing, I don't see a need to shake things up.  I agree with whoever said the HOF added tension to the whole situation.  I blame all the infighting on that.  It'll pass.  Give it time.  People will pick their sides and become less passionate about it.  All is well, despite what may appear.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah, the site is fine as is.  Even if I'm not as into the band as I once was, I usually enjoying going into the non music forums.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its all been said to death, everything. The only thing that can freshen this place up is a brand new Guns N'Roses album. No rumours, no insiders with cryptic messages... just a brand new album in our hands.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

A white or light grey background w/black font would be better also. It's deadly tryin to read this place when the sun's shining..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Its all been said to death, everything. The only thing that can freshen this place up is a brand new Guns N'Roses album. No rumours, no insiders with cryptic messages... just a brand new album in our hands.

This

I mean look how much life was breathed in just people debating the Blood In The Water thing. Fairly quickly it was picked apart of a reversing/remixing of the Prostitute mogg with Axl's leaked vocal chorus.

But at the same time, people were talking about something FRESH.

Even a reunion would be something that would get people talking.

Axl's squashed both, so there's nothing that really validates this band's existence right now. We have to talk about old boots whether it be the HOF tribute thread, or the new Live Era to even bring up the past to discuss.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:

One thing I would suggest given the evolution of Gn'R and the name of this site itself,  is a new banner at the top of the site. I realize it's not as easy as clicking a button and at the same time it's kinda long over due since it's outdated as DJ isn't even on it.  Also as cool as the current one looks I've never been overly keen on Buckethead being the figurehead of the banner.  In my honest opinion if we're to support the new band while respecting the old band I think Bucket, Robin and Paul should be in the shadowy background ala Slash, Izzy and Gilby while DJ, Ron and Richard should be front and center.  There's 9 of them so 3 CD era guys to the left, 3 current guys in the middle, 3 AFD/Illusion guys to the right.

Just a suggestion. Or something totally new and fresh.

I agree on this 100%.

Unfortunately, I know not one thing about design/web design. Anyone in the user base with talent in that regard? If so, I'd love to see someone come up with something that fits and we could switch it out.

I believe hell will have to freeze over before Lofton lets Fortus and DJ get a spot on the banner 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

Ah yes, I remember he was squeezed in for his epic dog whistle work on CD, Gilbys there for TSI.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

This is a great forum. Please keep it running.

HTGTH is fine because of it's historic links to GN'R, and recognition by GN'R. But it is not to everyone's taste.

MYGNR is set to be driven into the ground by the people that were banned from there and have been let back in, and by admins who have no idea what they are doing, God bless them. If I were you, I would actually advertise there and reap up the unhappy older forum posters who do not like the idiots from gunsnfnroses.com who seem to be destroying the forum.

All the other forums have fallen by the wayside too.

Board footer