You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Mönchengladbach, Germany 06/08/12

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Cool seeing some daylight. Nice pic.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I know people shit on the setlist, but I think at this point, most of that audience would rather have that setlist, and be able to get home without issue than what the internet geeks want.

jmho

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

GN'R on at 9:50pm.

So it would appear none of those mystery problems got in the way today and they were able to start the show on time. How odd that the town it happened in has strict curfew laws........
http://distilleryimage3.instagram.com/4 … 4856_7.jpg

It is interesting isn't it. Pretty much shows that he can go on stage at a decent time and still deliver. Makes me belive even more that the late starts are just cause he can and he has little regard for the audience.

Cool picture though. I always think outdoor shots of concerts in the daylight, especially at sunset look awesome. Looks like a sweet little venue.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Power trip.

Axl went off the handle during the UYI very publicly and all the time. In the press, on stage, yet mostly a nice guy one-to-one. I'm going towards Axlin's idea of the heel, but the circumstantial evidence appears to corroborate it.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

My only bitch on the set list thing and complaint I've had for years.

IF GNR have to condense time, why not just remove the fucking guitar solos and add a few songs?

does anybody actually wanna hear 3 guitar solos and 2 piano solos instead of at least 3 full songs?

I don't.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
-D- wrote:

My only bitch on the set list thing and complaint I've had for years.

IF GNR have to condense time, why not just remove the fucking guitar solos and add a few songs?

does anybody actually wanna hear 3 guitar solos and 2 piano solos instead of at least 3 full songs?

I don't.

I agree with this 100% Yeah it's nice the guys in the band get their own little moment in the spotlight but it's redundent. It kills the flow of the shows. At least I and everyone I've been to Gn'R shows with since 2006 think so. They could easily do one song where the three guys get a moment to shine. Pick something or collaborate together and make a jam that allows them all a solo spot. One and done.

Some will say well Axl needs that time to rest. Ok well if that's the case then the whole  Axl is so great for playing 2.5 - 3 hour shows at 50 years old thing is pretty overblown. Yeah that's cool and all but there are other 50+ year olds out there who do the same thing minus the 4-5 extended breaks throughout.

I think the amount of solos are overkill for sure.  I've thought that since the very begining.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. Normally I would be pro-BAND and pro-SOLO, because it's only right, and the solos are enjoyable, and give Axl a break.

BUT, when you're cutting the show down for time, you need to cut solos, not songs. But that setlist above is still more than I got at my show, so they shouldn't complain. I got a late start AND no Shackler's or Civil War. And during that time period Axl's voice was better than it was in South America and I would've fucking LOVED to have heard raspy Axl on Shackler's & Civil War. No dice.

apex-twin wrote:

Power trip.

Axl went off the handle during the UYI very publicly and all the time. In the press, on stage, yet mostly a nice guy one-to-one. I'm going towards Axlin's idea of the heel, but the circumstantial evidence appears to corroborate it.

I know, it's fucking crazy. The dude just doesn't seem like an asshole, but then he does asshole stuff just because. I think that's why Beta is so defensive over him and the line is blurred. Because like with Fernando, there's the Axl that cuts jokes, eats pizza, listens to music why you play Call of Duty together at his house in a hockey jersey and shorts... and then there's the Axl we get.

Fuckin' Two-Man Power Trip-era HHH/Austin.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yeah when i seen them 2006 3 of my mates were complaining about all the shit in the middle of the song and some bloke with coke bottle glasses was singing a couple of songs that no one cared about

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Boy you guys were fuckin' totaled. Other than Angry Anderson, I don't think anybody other than Axl was singing anything on that 2007 Australian tour.

Tommy didn't start getting solo spots until 2009, AND he never wore glasses.

So without further ado....

HUH?

Board footer