You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

-D- wrote:

U gotta understand. first time seeing him in 25 years.

my first Bon jovi concert, I had a religious experience and damn near cried 10 times.

2nd time.. it wasnt such a huge deal etc

cant wait to watch them again to see how it strikes me.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think a lot of people going to see him now have different standards and expectations too.  Sounding great compared to what?  The album?  Not a chance.  Other 50 year old singers?  Okay.  What he used to sound like?  Depends on the day.

And the time of day and which song. Axl is more hit and miss now than ever and it shows within each song

i actually think he's more consistent these days

less power obviously but he is taking better care of his voice, atleast it appears he is to me

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's interesting the "show vs boots" thing.

People say you shouldn't judge the show unless you were there, but frankly, I've seen a lot of boots of stuff that I thought were amazing, (eg Slash playing Anastasia on youtube) and I've seen in-person shows where all the atmosphere and mixing in the world couldn't save a poor vocal performance (eg Motley Crue last year in melbourne).

To my ears:

In 2002 Axl was using no rasp but appeared to still have very strong breath control, but demonstrated a prefrence to stay out of his mid range register or whateverer....seemed to be all high raspless and low strnegth only..no mids...like a person trying to sound like him.

In 2006...he was using those incredible high screams, then the midrange sounded a bit strange like a cover of himself still...but there was a lot of killer high parts to compensate it...and there was a lot of power behind it...very long screams etc....lot of rasp....

In 2009/10 still using rasp...but with less long screams in general....although still had a lot of power in moments...(eg twat screams in japan). Sometimes seemed to resort to screaming out parts that arn't normally screamed...eg that version of nighttrain where he yells nearly the whole first verse in the raspy voice. I think was using it to just power through parts that were stressful to sing cleanly.

In 2011/12 - return to less rasp, screams tend to be clean and much shorter in length...seems to have less breath control than on previous tours.

No disrespect to him...that's just what I'm hearing if I'm honest....don't mean to bash axl though I believe he could still write and release amazing music...I'm just saying if you want to play 10 boots of nighttrain back to back from different eras I can hear these changes happen...

Yeah man, he's getting older. He's 50, don't get your hopes up for him sounding like he's 25 when he hits 55  cause he's gonna sound worse than ever 5

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

When I saw him he had that badly bruised leg and a fractured shoulder from a few days earlier, the dude was just as energetic if not more than Bruce Dickenson who I seen last year at the same venue, he was fuckin great - so was Bruce!
Bruce never hit every single note, sometimes his voice would vanish as he hit the really high notes, but I didnae notice anyone obsessing over every missed note or whether he had fucking rasp... over the course of the 2 hours he was fucking brilliant, same with Axl 'cept he was on for longer.
I was watching GN'R and I was thinking to myself how worthless it must be for anyone watching from afar on the internet reading setlist updates on forums and moaning about it, its insane,  try doing something else with life mabye?
Or even better get a ticket, cause the show is fucking killer, they sound immense.
Monkey you are going to be jizzing yourself when they hit Oz next, cause they sound unreal, all those guitars, synths, keyboards work so cohesively its mind blowing, the soundscape this band has shits on the 06 band imo - the 06 band had more grit n' fire to me but it was just a wall of sound, the performances this time are much more intricate and finely woven than ever before. In short this band is slick as fuck and i'd go see them every week no matter what the setlist, my last few friday nights have been fucking shite, every morning I've been thinking to myself I wish it was friday a few weeks before so i could do it again.

I seen and heard all these good things from the band and folk who seen them, then I go on the internet fan sites and it woe woe fuckin misery and more fuckin woe. I just cannie fathom it and I dont care, GNR could release an album in 5 years or never again, either way it doesnt affect me or bother me, I've got enough shit in my life to get on with, seeing or hearing anything from a band I like is a nice treat to lighten my meager existence, if it doesnt happen so fuckin what, i still have to go to work tomorrow to keep the wolves away from the door. Whatever Axl doesnt or doesnt do with his life means nothing to me, more power to him.

ps I've got a lot of sympathy for Axl rolling into Rio outa shape after having bronchitis, I have that shit for 3 weeks now with no end in sight, I cant even have a conversation without my chest closing up and coughing my lungs out, 5 minute bursts is all I can manage before giving up. I cant even take the dog a long walk never mind go for my morning run, I can understand how Axl looked and sounded so bad at the gig, its hellish.

I'm fucking drunk n aw, so excuse my rambles and goodnight.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i just listened to the entire trunk interview from 2006 again and at some point axl mentioned not drinking much, because alcohol dries his throat out and he just started clubbing again around that time. at this point i`m quite sure his voice problems stem from his recent alcohol abuse... not only that, but also his belly. it makes the most sense.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

smile

I'm going to reply to you as respectfully as possible, Bono.

You see, the problem is you entered this discussion uninformed, without knowing the facts. What you're arguing is not what D was arguing. I think anyone, with any kind of sense knows that "on point" does not mean the peak of someones career. Which is what D was saying, over and over. I even pointed out he was using the term wrong, even in his source of the definition.

The argument wasn't that I thought it was great, it was that D was saying that "On Point" meant I was saying it was the greatest Axl rose performance since the Ritz. We weren't even talking about the song itself, just the intro.

Yes, I thought that intro for Axl was spot on, especially considering how bad he's sounded this tour, which I have repeatedly stated. I actually respect D and Moles opinion about the performance. I even said it over and over. D had a serious issue with the use of "my opinion" that I prefered GN'R version over Slash's band. And by band, I mean Slash's band, not Slash. D could not handle this for whatever reason. 

And you are still unable to tell me why I would deny saying its great, if that's what I thought. And it makes even less sense if I'm doing everything on this forum to glorify Axl Rose. 

Yes, you have issues, I'm not the only one to notice, but in all seriousness, I'm not even attempting to guess what they are over a band forum. I kind of feel bad for you in a lot of ways. I just know something is going on there and, I sincerely mean this, I wish you the best in real life, dude. That's not sarcasm.

I said Axl hasn't had a good tour, presently. That's not glorfying him. Again, you should read more and inform yourself before entering into a discussion.

Absolutely no one is calling me out. They're lying and making shit up, like you and D.

Go ahead and ignore me, or not. Doesn't matter. Just inform yourself better before getting involved at the adults table.

roll That whole post is nothing but pretentious bile. It's funny that you say "the adults table" right after posting this pathetic and juvenile attempt to bait me. I've said it before I'll say it again the fact you comment incessantly on other's well being, emotional state, personal issues, anger issues etc etc makes you a total fucking clown. Dude you have no idea what the mindset or temperment of me or anyone else is when posting and the truth is the shit that takes place on these boards is so irrlevant to my actual life, so much more "dramatic" than anything else that goes on in my life. I've said it before my life is pretty damn sweet  with amazing friends, family, job , yet you read a few posts on a  Guns N'Roses message board and feel the need to pretentiously and condescendingly wish me well because there's obviously something going on here? 16 Dude the fact you bring that shit up as though you're the "adult" in the room makes me laugh my ass off. Hey ID there's more to life than a  Gn'R message board and our postings here don't reflect our personal lives. Try and comprehend that, unless of course this is your personal life then I don't know what to tell ya.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I always thought it was cheesy accusing someone of having a terrible life just cause they dont agree or have a certain posting style. I for one am just very opinionated blunt and dont care about stepping on toes. Read my 25k combined post i am who i am

I have a very happy "real" life. Not sure if that were aimed at just bono but whether im happy sad suicidal rich poor what have u, slash cont. To move forward release great music perform kick ass professional shows whereas axl , this year has moved gnr back 10to steps with falling over band fucking up axl subpar voice. Same show etc etc

was gonna troll hard with that god awful patience performance last week but fuck it. Im sure
Someone unobjective would argue some bullshit even with that.

-D-

-D- wrote:
-D- wrote:

Id never say Myles performs a GNR song better than Axl. I'm not really saying one is better than the other.

Just pointing out the inaccuracies saying Axl was on point when he had Myles like stage presence and they muffed that entire intro.
sounded like they mis picked the intro and it was stuck in quicksand slow.. Axl missed whistle, his vocal was borderlining Vince Neil with the breathing pauses etc.

ID is acting like he just saw 88 Axl reborn or something.

Guess reading comprehension isn't part of the criteria for sitting at an adult's table. tongue

terrayrose
 Rep: 1 

terrayrose wrote:

this drama day by day make me fucking shit and sick and maybe fucking dead, both axl and slash is like a pig ass

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
terrayrose wrote:

this drama day by day make me fucking shit and sick and maybe fucking dead, both axl and slash is like a pig ass

I AGREE!

I think... 19

Board footer