You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: GNR’s and SLASH’s performance of Paradise City in HELLFEST, France

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Why oh why, does Axl continue to sing over the cool intro lead guitar these days, does he forget how the fucking song goes??? There's no singing in that bit!

And nothing beats Slash's guitar tone and feel for playing GN'R songs. At least to my ears.

Yeah i am not a fan of Paradise City hasnt been played right since 93`it sounds fucken terrible 11 i remember when i seen it in 2006 and 2010 i couldnt wait for it to finish one of the worst songs they cover

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Dude, he played a wah on the outro solo. What the fuck!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

ID is acting like he just saw 88 Axl reborn or something.

Where did I say that? I liked Axl in the intro more. I said I prefered it over Slash's band. Cut the shit, dude.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I miss Duff.

In both fucking bands.

I miss Izzy.

In both fucking bands.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Where did I say that? I liked Axl in the intro more. I said I prefered it over Slash's band. Cut the shit, dude.

U posting stuff with no objectivity whatsoever.

how can Axl be "on Point" unless u don't know what that phrase means, when u can tell by his body language and half hearted effort due to sulking he knows his performance sucks a la RIR 4 which was another example of people turning a blind eye to the truth.

Axl sucked on PC.

that doesn't mean Axl sucks but for that song he sucked and was far from "on Point"

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just hate his new off time intro shit. And singing over that badass lead guitar line. I don't get it. It's local cover band level bad.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

who cares who likes what or who thinks what is better.
you guys sound like my kids.

misterID

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

U posting stuff with no objectivity whatsoever.

how can Axl be "on Point" unless u don't know what that phrase means, when u can tell by his body language and half hearted effort due to sulking he knows his performance sucks a la RIR 4 which was another example of people turning a blind eye to the truth.

Axl sucked on PC.

that doesn't mean Axl sucks but for that song he sucked and was far from "on Point"

We were talking about the intro, and I said Axl was on point and even added rasp. We're talking objectivity here, right? I don't care how it was played, or how it was supposed to be played in your mind, I liked what I heard on that intro. That's what we were talking about.

I've been pretty harsh and honest about Axl on this entire tour. You were the one who said you were going to bitch and be a troll from now on, or whenever, because of the HOF. That's you, man. You destroyed all objectivity and credibility with that statement.

This tour has been a big step backwards for Axl vocal-wise. I'm not saying anything different. I also said it was all taste... You prefer something totally different than what I do. Nothing wrong with that. But you're saying the same thing in every thread, added with "that's karma" so that's not what you call, "objectivity" in your critique.

That's fine and all, and that's your opinion. Just don't put words in my mouth and lie and exaggerate that I'm either "acting like it's 1988 Axl," or whatever you want to try and play.  You're making shit up. Period.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Lord, I hate when people always use the cop out "My Opinion" or "My taste" argument.

Axl wasn't moving during PC, fucked up the whistle and did the Vince Neil breathing shit.

Richard flubbed intro, tone was terrible, and it was slow and dragging.

if the song is typically played at 120 bpm, that intro was dragging below that.

im surely not the only one that hears that right?

That wouldn't have even ranked in Axl's top 500 performances of that song, so how was anything "on point?"

For the first time ever, Myles even comes close to outdoing Axl on his own song here which should never happen.

Im pissed, but my honest opinions have not changed.

just no longer sugar coating or giving Axl benefit of the doubt.

misterID

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Lord, I hate when people always use the cop out "My Opinion" or "My taste" argument.

Axl wasn't moving during PC, fucked up the whistle and did the Vince Neil breathing shit.

Richard flubbed intro, tone was terrible, and it was slow and dragging.

if the song is typically played at 120 bpm, that intro was dragging below that.

im surely not the only one that hears that right?

That wouldn't have even ranked in Axl's top 500 performances of that song, so how was anything "on point?"

For the first time ever, Myles even comes close to outdoing Axl on his own song here which should never happen.

Im pissed, but my honest opinions have not changed.

just no longer sugar coating or giving Axl benefit of the doubt.

Dude, I was talking about the INTRO..... I liked what I heard and that was MY OPINION. You don't have to agree with me, or vice versa. My problem with YOU was that YOU were putting words into MY mouth. You were over exaggerating like a champ.

And guess what? That's still just all your opinion, too 13

Board footer