You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Gods of Metal June 22nd

BLS-Pride wrote:

Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Sorry
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Better
Richard's Solo / Live and Let Die
This I Love
Tommy's Solo - Motivation
Band Intros
Dizzy's Solo (Baba O'Riley) /Street of Dreams
Dj's Solo (Ballad of Death) / Sweet Child O' Mine
Jam / Another Brick in the Wall
Axl's Piano Solo (Someone Saved My Life Tonight/Goodbye Yellowbrick Road)
November Rain
Bumblefoot's Solo - Glad to be Here
Don't Cry
Civil War
Jam / Shacklers Revenge
Whole Lotta Rosie
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:
Jam / Madagascar
Dead Flowers
Used To Love Her
My Michelle (with Baz)
Jam / Patience
Jam / Paradise City

My Michelle

Jungle

_MG_3121.jpg

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

I've always thought "My Michelle" and "Out Ta Get Me" were two of the more underrated songs off AFD.  Love them both.  Great for the Italian fans that got to see that song played live.

Ali

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I haven't watched a live clip in a coon's age so obviously I'm not paying any attention to the 2009-12 lineup........but that sucked. DJ's Jungle intro is laughable. Finck's teaser was much better. Axl's stage presence is diminishing with age and watching the guitarists play this simple song is comical. One of those guitarists need to go. Keep Ron and flip a coin on whether DJ or Fortus exits stage left.

It was said a million years ago but the point is even more valid now.....there's simply too many people onstage for these songs. It's more of a distraction than anything else.

Ali wrote:

I've always thought "My Michelle" and "Out Ta Get Me" were two of the more underrated songs off AFD.  Love them both.  Great for the Italian fans that got to see that song played live.

Ali

Out Ta Get Me has always been one of my favorite AFD songs. Having said that, I've always been one of the very few CD era lineup fans that had zero desire to hear all the old shit.

edit: One other thing, I cant believe he's still got Baz along for the ride. I made it about 30 seconds into that song. Just brutal. Did Axl ever give a reason why he has Baz sing that song? I don't remember. All I know is its went on for six years and that's six years too long.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Looked up Sorry from this lineup.

Watch the clip at 1:18 to 1:48. Fortus isn't needed. If there's any Fortus fanatics here, please explain why he is needed for that song(or any song for that matter). Is he even plugged in there?? His most vital contribution to that song is the couple seconds he scratches his nose.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Wow so Axl and Slash are practically rubbing elbows at some of the same festivals. interesting.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

edit: One other thing, I cant believe he's still got Baz along for the ride. I made it about 30 seconds into that song. Just brutal. Did Axl ever give a reason why he has Baz sing that song? I don't remember. All I know is its went on for six years and that's six years too long.

Baz hasn't toured with GNR, or in turn, sang "My Michelle" with Axl in awhile.  So it hasn't been a common thing, of late.

johndivney wrote:

4tus runs around a lot & DJ's antics give the crowd something else to look at

They're invaluable.

As for OTGM/Michelle being underrated?! Compared to what, Anything Goes?! AFD is like Thriller, packed w/hits that everyone knows & loves...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm usually a defender of Fortus as I think he's a great guitarist...however the broader issue that you don't need three guitarists remains.....and I guess logically it's fortus that should go at this point if someone is to go....

Why?

In the 2002 era I believe the band should have just been Bucket on all leads and fortus on Rhythm.

In the modern era that would follow to have Bumble and Fortus...but then listening to Sixx:Am i think DJ is most likely to be the best new songwriter...so he has to be in....yet you can't loose bumble cos no one but him can play bucket's CD songs....so bottom line is it has to be DJ+Bumble on guitars...there's no reason they couldn't alternate leads/rhythm between them IMO though...as much as I love richard in general.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If there's been a bright spot this entire tour it's been Richard Fortus.

I like the power of the third guitarist, especially on Jungle, PC, Nightrain, etc. but this is a set up meant for "their" music. I agree with one review where they mention this band was built for the UYI songs, though.

I've got no problem with 3 guitarists and their play on the old songs, it'd just be nice if they were showcasing more of "their" music. wink

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

I like very much this "My Michele" with Bach just because it's one of very emotional moments of summer fests when friends could meet on stage and doing smth together. See how Sebastian glad to be on the stage with Axl, it's pretty nice.

Board footer