You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: KISS Discussion

-D- wrote:

Kiss are one of my fave bands of all time but first listen i absolutely hated it. only made it half way through.

i will give it a couple more listens.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The bottom line is KISS Army freaks can go back and forth on this stuff for years, no different than us Gunner nerds can on GN'R.

But the KISS situation, for as much arguing that has went on, AND considering some do have some worthy arguments about Ace's riffs and solos...

KISS was always Paul & Gene's baby. From day one. Every story i've been told, read, researched, rumors, etc. has pretty much confirmed that Peter had stars in his eyes thinking he was the next Ringo, Ace was convinced he was "the artist" and hated the gig, with Paul & Gene pretty much banding together and realizing to make this thing work they're gonna have to get organized.

Those guys survive in the business. The business-minded ones, and both of them were business-minded.

Plus Paul has struck me as having a thin skin for years, and he is DEFINITELY one of those guys that he HAS to be your friend on some level for him to even want to get into business with you.

Look at the GN'R situation. As soon as they insulted him, he was fuckin' gone. Business or not.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

hahaha let's hope

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Considering everything sucks to D on first listen, and the fact he marks out to the entertainers he's talking to after bashing them (I didn't forget that night with Axl), I can only assume this is what D looks like in real life.

Butthead.jpg

-D-

-D- wrote:

HAHAHA guilty as charged!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I may pick up the album if the rest of it is any good! I actually haven't listened to Sonic Boom yet. I liked some of the stuff they did in the mid 80s and some of the Revenge album in '92.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

I cannot wait to get this. I own every Kiss album/DVD and will gladly put this in my collection.

Board footer