You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: KISS Discussion

NY Giants82 wrote:

The new KISS song, "Hell or Hallelujah" is set to be released on iTunes this week. It's out already on youtube, etc. Man, it rocks! I can't wait for the new album, "Monster", to be released in October. Hope its like this... Enjoy!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hell yeah it does!!! Great rocker! big_smile Expect nothing less from KISS!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

Well Baz is the ultimate KISS fan after all.  16 Couldn't see him bottling up the excitement  from being a member of the KISS Army and hearing all that content with the connections he has!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

This album brought to you by Monster energy drink.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's not bad. It's definitely the most modern track i've heard from them in 20 years.

Like with the Revenge album, which attempted to have KISS do songs that were modern sounding in 1992, "Hell or Hallelujah" seems to be the same attitude.

Despite this being a new KISS song, the song sounds strikingly modern and relevant for 2012 rock radio.

imho

Me_Wise_Magic

I agree as well! Gene and Paul have some great guys in the band. Eric is such an underrated drummer!

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I hear a bit of "Alive II" and "Asylum" in it. It's full of energy. I can't wait for more.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/kiss-monste … dium=email

Kiss Monster Given October Release

by Paul Cashmere on July 4, 2012

Kiss ‘Monster’, the 20th studio album for the band, will be released on October 16 internationally and October 15 in the USA.

Yesterday, Kiss released the first single’ Hell Or Hallelujah’. ‘Monster’ will feature 12 tracks from Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer.

‘Monster’ has been built from the ground up as a rock record. “There are no symphony orchestras, boy choirs, keyboards, outside producers or songwriters on this album,” promises Gene Simmons. “The best thing we did was to turn inwards to ourselves. Tommy and Eric have revitalized this band, with a work ethic and the talent to back it up. This is a real band effort. KISS has become a behemoth. We’re going where no bands have gone before.”

Kiss will perform in London today at The Forum as a benefit for the British ‘Help For Heroes’ organization, to raise money for the wounded, sick and injured troops.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Not about the new song or album, but more tales of how bandmates tend to hate each other after awhile.  Somethings will never change.

http://www.undercover.fm/news/16714-pau … ce-frehley

PAUL STANLEY STILL GOT NO LOVE FOR PETER CRISS AND ACE FREHLEY
By Sally Bailey
Fri, 06 Jul 2012

Paul Stanley of KISS has gone to town on original KISS members Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. He does not want them back in the band.

Millions of KISS fans might disagree, afterall, any KISS Army members I've ever run into say that Peter Criss and Ace Frehley were the best members of KISS. Most of them describe Paul Stanley as a posturing lady man and Gene Simmons as an attention seeker. Anyhoo, all that aside (Kiss fans can go on about the intricacies of band dynamics for hours) classicrockmagazine.com has reported the following reiteration from Paul Stanley regarding Catman's (Criss) and Space Ace's (Frehley) return to the KISS fold; "I was never really friends with them. The band was never about friendship – it was about commitment to a cause. I loved them for what we created. I certainly don't love them today. They became impossible and intolerable, on more than one occasion necessitating their removal. I last spoke to Ace probably three years ago. Peter I haven't spoken to in probably about a decade."

Frehley played lead guitar in KISS from the bands inception until 1982. He rejoined for a reunion tour in 1996 and departed a second time in 2002. Peter Criss joined KISS on drums in December 1972 and officially left the band in 1980. The reason for his departure is the subject of debate, Stanley and Simmons claim that he was fired, Criss claims that he left of his own accord. For further insight and information contact your local KISS Army member if you have a spare six hours to kill.

Board footer