You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: KISS Discussion

russtcb wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I may pick up the album if the rest of it is any good! I actually haven't listened to Sonic Boom yet. I liked some of the stuff they did in the mid 80s and some of the Revenge album in '92.

I might too. I didn't buy Sonic, but I did buy Psycho Circus. I really liked Revenge and those 80s records too.

Me too! Especially the songs Crazy Crazy Nights and Lick it Up! smile I own most of their hits from their classic albums thanks to iTunes and finding some music files on various websites and from friends too. They had some good deals on some of their records on sale at Best Buy for awhile now; so I may pick them up sometime soon.

Me_Wise_Magic

-D- wrote:

I cannot wait to get this. I own every Kiss album/DVD and will gladly put this in my collection.

Glad to hear a member of the KISS ARMY!!! 9

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

I may pick up the album if the rest of it is any good! I actually haven't listened to Sonic Boom yet. I liked some of the stuff they did in the mid 80s and some of the Revenge album in '92.

I, too, own every KISS cd/dvd/vhs ever released. Do yourself a favor and get "Sonic Boom". I think it kicks ass, and the first song, "Modern Day Delilah" is one of their best ever, in my opinion. Rocks hard, with a fantastic solo.

Me_Wise_Magic

They had it at Walmart one day at a good price; so once my other music comes in a few weeks, I may consider it. Sounds awesome! big_smile Thanks for the recommendation. Got to keep my music collection growing! 9 May just have to buy a new shelf for more music, movies, and books! 16 I would see KISS live if their ticket deals weren't so fucking expensive for the front seats. I wouldn't want to see them in the back cheap seats cause I want to catch all the effects and sound up close.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Love the new album.

Me_Wise_Magic

-D- wrote:

Love the new album.

I've been hearing nothing but good things about the album. Saw it at Target a few weeks ago. Still need to purchase some other KISS music before I buy this.

Me_Wise_Magic

I was wondering if you have seen this, D. I thought it was pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ReGFRm4zM

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah I was gonna ask. I saw the new album at Wal-Mart and wondered if it was worth a damn. I never bought Sonic Boom, but does anybody have any thoughts?

If it's a return to 80's KISS, i'm all over it. If it's just another cash grab 70's nostagia gimmick of trying to do Destroyer and Love Gun 800 fucking times over, i'll pass.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

It has no ballads. just straight rock. Takes a few listens but I think its very solid. It isn't Destroyer or Love Gun, but I enjoy it.

I also love Sonic Boom also

Good riffs, good vocals guitar solos etc.

Me_Wise_Magic

I was wondering if you guys have any KISS recommendations? Is the new album Monster worth picking up and it's definitely not a Music From Another Dimension. I was really into the Destroyed remaster as a purchase idea. Since there is so many compilations out there, I was wondering what would you guys recommend? Got a couple hits from the 70s and early 80s from iTunes and other online areas.

Board footer