You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Custom GNR Chucks for Richard Fortus

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Stuff like this always cracks me up.

Richard Fortus, guitarist for the new Guns & Roses!!!

He's been in the band 10 years. While he only strums a guitar, he's been in the band longer than the originals. At what point does it stop being "new"?

Also used to like how the nutswingers would have conniption fits when anyone referred to a CD lineup as "new GNR" but the term was peaches and cream as soon as Axl started doing it.

After a certain time, I think it's ridiculous to call it "the new GNR"

One album under their belt compared to 5 studio albums, 1 live album and 1 GH album, from the old Guns N' Roses means it's still NEW Guns N' Roses. Especially when the current lineup  has almost nothing to do with the album they claim to tour under. Anyone who doesn't think this is still a new version of the band puts way more emphasis on time than then they do actual productivity and contrivution.  It's NEW and always will be new untill the headmaster embraces his claims of actually moving forward.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

After a certain time, I think it's ridiculous to call it "the new GNR"

One album under their belt compared to 5 studio albums, 1 live album and 1 GH album, from the old Guns N' Roses means it's still NEW Guns N' Roses. Especially when the current lineup  has almost nothing to do with the album they claim to tour under. Anyone who doesn't think this is still a new version of the band puts way more emphasis on time than then they do actual productivity and contrivution.  It's NEW and always will be new untill the headmaster embraces his claims of actually moving forward.

My point being that the "original" Guns N' Roses was gone by 1991 and it's been evolving ever since then.

I've thought "new" sounded weird for a while, but I still can't refer to it as just GNR.  What I do now is call it "Axl's GNR".

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I personally say current Guns because Ron, Tommy, Frank, DJ and the rest of the boys gel great together and play both the old material and the CD songs really well. In my opinion this and the 2006-07 lineup with Finck & Brain felt more like a band then just a solo act or since 1994. Even with the amazing power of Buckethead on record and the 2001 & 2002 shows. I see no mistakes in their playing. Ron and DJ are so great to the fans and always respond to questions and social network posts. Despite personal or emotional troubles that may affect their lives. Despite Axl slipping on some songs he still manages to put on a great rock n' roll show with his showmanship at a fair price and I still want to see them play live. Just wish they would change it up and ask the fans on what we want to hear. TWAT, OMG, new songs like The General, Atlas, Soul Monster, Blood in the Water? or deeper cuts from the UYI sessions. That's just my personal opinion.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Anything post-1993 will ALWAYS be "The New GN'R" until Axl actually does something with the name with original studio work, over an extended period of time.

He refuses to do that, so the actual parasidic-like attachment to old Guns has strengthened more, and ultimately pushed Axl's finish line further away.

I've dealt with it in my own life. The longer I don't do anything substantial in the present, the more friends & family cling to the older dated image of me being "me".

Board footer