You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Custom GNR Chucks for Richard Fortus

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s … 5201513962

Awesome design. They should get a few guys to produce a line and sell 'em on the website. I'd buy a pair. 11

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

That's awesome dude! Good choice! I am considering purchasing a pair of those in the near future. The EVH red or black stripe designs rock!I would have to buy a pair to collect and one to wear and take good care of. 16

I was looking through various Guns and Chinese Democracy tags on various websites and some people have making new clothing either based on cover art, stage photos or other content representing the CD era and the recent touring. Even some of the band members too. Quite creative! Sending in fan made designs to send to the website and the users making some of the profit could be a good step in reaching out to the fans.  9

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Those are pretty cool, but i'd like them alot more if they were throwback hi-kicks like these...

yhst-74837281078171_2215_118228561

I've got a pair of hot pink ones that look almost like boots. A GN'R-rock themed one would look more like boots, more rock, less punk. jmho

Me_Wise_Magic

Nice! Sounds like a cool idea to me! I love their Master of Puppets style! cool

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Stuff like this always cracks me up.

Richard Fortus, guitarist for the new Guns & Roses!!!

He's been in the band 10 years. While he only strums a guitar, he's been in the band longer than the originals. At what point does it stop being "new"?

Also used to like how the nutswingers would have conniption fits when anyone referred to a CD lineup as "new GNR" but the term was peaches and cream as soon as Axl started doing it.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Also used to like how the nutswingers would have conniption fits when anyone referred to a CD lineup as "new GNR" but the term was peaches and cream as soon as Axl started doing it

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well I'm a fan of Chinese...but I think it comes down to what GNR is known for...

GNR is known for Jungle, Sweet Child, You Could be Mine, November Rain...Knocking on Heaven's Door Aye Aye Aye Yeah.......

That means GNR to most people...and "new" is a politer way of the general public saying "fake"....

It could be 100 years they've been there, but until such time as the "new" band has a crossover commercial hit....they will always be "new" GNR not just GNR to the media.

Tommy might have been in the band double or tripple the length of duff for all it matters...he'll only ever be part of "new GNR" until such time as new GNR's success gave it the street credibility of old GNR. And with the music industry how it is (emphasis on pop/rap/downloading) and the band how it is (not creating new music) that time is never folks.

Think of AC/DC - Brian Johnston has been in the band 30 years and he's the "new" singer...but less so now...because a bunch of the bands big hits (thunderstruck etc) have occurred under his reign.

I think CD is some of Axl's best work....but in terms of the general public...it's not what means GNR to them.

Me_Wise_Magic

monkeychow wrote:

Well I'm a fan of Chinese...but I think it comes down to what GNR is known for...

GNR is known for Jungle, Sweet Child, You Could be Mine, November Rain...Knocking on Heaven's Door Aye Aye Aye Yeah.......

That means GNR to most people...and "new" is a politer way of the general public saying "fake"....

It could be 100 years they've been there, but until such time as the "new" band has a crossover commercial hit....they will always be "new" GNR not just GNR to the media.

Tommy might have been in the band double or tripple the length of duff for all it matters...he'll only ever be part of "new GNR" until such time as new GNR's success gave it the street credibility of old GNR. And with the music industry how it is (emphasis on pop/rap/downloading) and the band how it is (not creating new music) that time is never folks.

Think of AC/DC - Brian Johnston has been in the band 30 years and he's the "new" singer...but less so now...because a bunch of the bands big hits (thunderstruck etc) have occurred under his reign.

I think CD is some of Axl's best work....but in terms of the general public...it's not what means GNR to them.

ALL OF THIS! 5 New music just needs to happen sometime soon! It's the only way people are going to commit to this lineup even with an epic show!

Board footer