You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: 2012 NFL Season

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

And it looks like Chip Kelly is going to The Browns.

lol nope denied both Eagles and Browns and returned to Oregon.

Bills hired Doug Marrone of Syracuse as their HC.  He does have experience in the NFL as an OC in New Orleans under Payton.  They'll probably be taking a qb within the first two rounds. 

Speaking of which, Aaron Murray returned to Georgia today for his senior season.  Forget this year for QB's, next year is gonna be loaded with Bridgewater, Manziel, Murray, and Clowney the monster South Carolina DE who will probably be the first overall pick.  Hope the Titans clown for Clowney or tank for Teddy the 2013 season.  I'd be all for that shit if it lands them a franchise changing player.

Anyone watch the playoffs this weekend?  Three of the four games were really boring.  Only SEA-WSH was remotely interesting.  In the AFC, I see both home teams winning and setting up the inevitable NE-DEN clash and Peyton vs Brady again.  The Texans almost choked away that game vs the Bengals.  And Baltimore had trouble with the Colts.

For the NFC, this is where the action is, GB-SF and SEA-ATL figure to be closer games than their AFC counterparts.  I think GB will pull out a close one but it wouldn't shock me at all if SF won.  Niners better pray that they don't have to depend on their place kickers though.  Same thing with SEA-ATL, I think SEA wins but at some point ATL has to win a playoff game. 

I disagree with Lofton though as I think GB goes to the Super Bowl over Seattle.  They seem to be getting healthy at the right time and Harris seems to have given them some production at RB.  I think with GB having already played a running qb they are better served at defending Russel Wilson's running ability.  Um and there's that revenge factor from that infamous MNF game.

I think it's GB-DEN rematch of Super Bowl 32.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Pats ravens, niners birds. Does Baltimore have some magic goin on?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Pats ravens, niners birds. Does Baltimore have some magic goin on?

The Ravens seem to have something going on.  Hopefully that ends this weekend.  They're the one team I wanted to avoid in the Divisional round, as a Patriots fan.  I'm glad we got Houston instead.  Would've really preferred Indy though, eliminate Baltimore from the outset.  There are no doubts in my mind that the Patriots are a far better team than the Ravens, but for whatever reason Baltimore plays them tough.  They are battle tested and aren't intimidated one bit by going on the road to win a playoff game.  They are up to the task.  Again, I hope that's not the case this week and the better team prevails.

As for the NFC.  The Niners looked quite impressive in dismantling the Packers last week.  So inevitably, they're everybody's favorites to reach the Super Bowl and possibly win it.  But if we've learned anything in the NFL, it's that the previous week means very little in terms of what's going to occur the following week.  So I wouldn't dismiss the Falcons just yet.  They got the monkey off their backs last week by pulling out that win against Seattle.  Maybe that's all they needed to get them going in the right direction.  I do think San Fran is the better team, but I still have a tough time believing Kaepernick is THIS good.  I think Matt Ryan is the better QB, with better weapons.  SF does have the better defense, but they will be tested.

Should be fun.  I'll be at Gillette to enjoy the festivities, hopefully witnessing the last game of Ray Lewis' career.

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll take the Falcons and The Ravens plus the points...not sure if they will win, but I like them to cover. 13

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

for the life of me i cant understand the huge line in the pats game. especially with gronk out.

everyone and their mother will be picking the ravens. perhaps that's what vegas wants?

faldor

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

for the life of me i cant understand the huge line in the pats game. especially with gronk out.

everyone and their mother will be picking the ravens. perhaps that's what vegas wants?

Agreed. That line would have made perfect sense a month ago when the Ravens were reeling and the Patriots were peaking. But the Ravens are obviously playing better now, so the line does seem to be a bit much. I would take the Ravens if I was forced to bet, though I hope the Pats cover with ease. Hopefully Vegas knows what they're doing in this case.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The only thing that worries me is the The Falcons are a finesse team. But, c'mon guys, we all know Greebay's defense is terrible and outside a Mathews and a few secondary players, their run game is even worse. You had to know Rodgers was going to have to win the game against the defense behind a suspect O-Line. I think The falcons have a better chance than people think and I'll be pulling for them. Cam Newton is light years ahead of Kap and The Falcons do a good job against him.

I have no idea who will win the Patriots/Ravens game.

But I know I'm looking forward to the draft. Bjoren Werner is going to be a BEAST!!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sorry, not buying the 49ers. They beat two of the worst run defenses in the league. When they face a team that shuts down the run, they lose.

I'm saying it here first: Ravens win the superbowl in a blow out.

faldor

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

Sorry, not buying the 49ers. They beat two of the worst run defenses in the league. When they face a team that shuts down the run, they lose.

I still don't want to believe in the Ravens, but they do seem to have something going on there.  Once again, seems to be a case of a team peaking at the right time.  Defense was quite good yesterday holding the Pats to 13 points.  That's crazy.  Total domination, especially in the 2nd half.  So even though I think the Niners are the better team, and have been for most of the year, that tide could be shifting.

I have to say, the Ravens fans travel well.  Every time they come to Foxboro in droves.  And they let themselves be heard.  So even though I hate them 15 I have to give them props for that.  They have the Patriots/Brady's number too it seems.  Just like the Giants.  They play that style of defense that give him/them fits.  Few teams can do it.  BUT, once again proving that defense wins championships.  I do think the Patriots are headed in the right direction, as far as rebuilding a young and productive defense.  I just hope they get there before Brady decides to hang it up.  As good as he is, it's been proven time and again, he NEEDS help along the way.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think the Ravens win too but I'm not convinced it'll be a blowout.  Despite the semifinal win, I think I still have questions about the Falcons (and Matt Ryan) and whether or not they are still playoff chokers.  Blew a 20 point lead in a win vs SEA and now dumping away a 17 point lead vs the 49ers.  I'm getting an early 90s Houston Oilers vibe from the Falcons.

49ers got torched vs the pass, while BAL WR/TE aren't that good they still present problems.  I thought BAL should have given Bernard Pierce more carries against the Pats.

The Pats might want to avoid Bernard Pollard next year.  He's taken out Brady, Welker, Hernandez and Ridley in the last five years.  He must have a Patriots vodoo doll somewhere in his closet.

Board footer