You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Round 2 D vs gnfnraxl

-D- wrote:

Best band?

D-
Robert Plant (Vocals)
Jimi Hendrix (Guitars)
Eric Clapton (Guitars)
Flea (Bass)
Neil Peart (Drums)
Trent Reznor (Utility)

gnfnraxl-
Eddie Vedder (Vocals)
Adrian Smith (Lead Guitar)
Joe Perry (Rhythm Guitar)
Billy Sheehan (Bass)
Keith Moon (Drums)
John Fogerty (Utility)

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

All right.  I'll try to explain my lineup as best as I can.  I'll start with my lead and rythm guitarists.  Now let's be honest.  Adrian Smith and Joe Perry while both very talented.  They're also two very different types of guitarists.  And that was exactly my logic.  Both will push each others limits in exploring new grounds.  Both are very experienced and are lead guitarists in their respective bands.  So they'll try to blend and explore new horizons.  Smith is more metal and plays faster, while Perry can definitely rock he is at his best in dirty blues rock.  Add in Foegerty as the utility and I'd bet it could create a very interesting and unique sound there.  As for Vedder.  I think he can sing and adjust to many styles.  He proved it in Pearl Jam.  And he could provide some very interesting lyrics to the music that would be created here and add to the sound.  Sheehan is an accomplished bassist and would bring an interesting groove to this band.  As for Moon.  He provided some interesting drumming for The Who and he could adapt to what the rest of the band could bring.  So while my band would be more blues rock, Smith could bring a more hard edge with Vedder and Moon could easily adapt here.  As for Fogerty.  He's an accomplished musician and songwriter.  True he could be hard to work with but I think he could bring something unique here.  Add an extra sound.  So there it is.  I want to wish D good luck as he has an amazing band too and actually has what would've been my 1st pick for a drummer.  Let's have fun.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

I decided to go against the grain and be different.  While most people would vote for their bands.  I'll vote for D's.  Why?  Demonstrates fairplay.  Plus, both bands rock!  And I felt it was childish to vote for me.  *lol*

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Have to go with D's band because I love most of the guys in that band. Neil is one of the best drummers. You can't beat Master Hendrix, Clapton, or Robert Plant the Golden God. The man can still sing well. You have some great members in your band though, gnfnraxl! big_smile

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Have to go with D's band because I love most of the guys in that band. Neil is one of the best drummers. You can't beat Master Hendrix, Clapton, or Robert Plant the Golden God. The man can still sing well. You have some great members in your band though, gnfnraxl! big_smile

Considering when I got in on this.  I'm not ashamed of my band for one nano second.  wink

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

D. Hendrix and clapton with with plant could be killer

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

went with d's band. it looks very strong.
sorry gnfnraxl, like you said, maybe if you would've got in at the beginning you'd have more options open.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

Sorry for what?  For voting for D's band?  Nothing to be sorry for there.  wink  I personnally think my band would be strong and if I had gone in earlier it could still be this lineup with maybe one modification as I'd have picked Neil Peart.  All a matter of opinion.  Nothing wrong with that.  smile

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Went with gnfnraxl.  Sorry D, but your lineup doesn't work for me.  They are all amazing musicians, but it seems like all you did was pick the best from each instrument and throw them together.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Plant singing over hendrix and clapton riffs would be incredible. Flea and neil peart would have monster grooves and reznor adding his flavor! All star at every position but, u cant tell me it wouldn't work. Hendrix and clapton would coexist

Board footer