You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Axl Rose Threatens Suit Over Art Installation

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl Rose Threatens Suit Over Art Installation
Posted by Chris Harris on September 27, 2012 in Huh?, News

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/axl-rose … tallation/

Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose has the thinnest fucking skin imaginable, man.

TMZ.com claims Axl is threatening legal action against a Los Angeles photographer for allegedly making false statements about him in order to sell her pictures.

An attorney for Rose sent a cease-and-desist letter to Laura London over a downtown L.A. exhibit called “Once Upon A Time… Axl Rose Was My Neighbor.”

The exhibit claims to “mix actual documentary photographs of a circa-1990 graffiti vandalization of the residence of Erin Everly by her then-husband Axl Rose with London’s studio and location recreations and interpretations of the main characters in the story — the rock star Axl Rose, his wife Erin Everly, his former girlfriend Stephanie Seymour, Slash (the lead guitarist in the band) and the classic lineup from the Guns N’ Roses album Appetite For Destruction.”

Los Angeles confuses the fuck out of me.

According to the letter, Laura contends her main work — a shot of a garage door with “Sweet Child O’Die you R 1 of many nothing special” spray-painted on it — is a picture of Axl’s garage from years ago.

The photographer allegedly advertised the image by claiming that Axl himself spray-painted the garage during a fight with Erin Everly.

Axl says that’s not true, and the legal letter called the images “outrageous, false, fabricated and highly defamatory.”

Axl’s attorney writes: “Mr. Rose never spray-painted anything. Your salacious and inflammatory statements are plainly designed to garner attention and line your pockets with money.”

Rose wants an apology and retraction, and also wants the exhibit dissolved.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:

He's always too busy to make new music.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Plot thickens.

Ex-Wife Backs Singer -- Axl Didn't Graffiti My Home

They're divorced, but Axl Rose's ex-wife still has the Guns 'N Roses singer's back -- insisting Axl NEVER tagged her house with vengeful graffiti ... and now, she's also going after the artist behind the allegations.

Axl's ex Erin Everly just sent a cease and desist letter to L.A. photographer Laura London, reiterating what Axl said in his own cease and desist letter to the artist -- Axl did NOT spray paint his wife's garage door with the message "Sweet Child o' DIE."

In the letter, Erin's attorney writes, "Ms. Everly unequivocally denies that Axl Rose ever painted those statements on her garage door."

London claims she took the photograph of the vandalized garage door back when she was Axl's neighbor many years ago. According to London, Axl had spray painted the message during a fight with Everly.

London is currently displaying the photograph in an exhibit in Downtown L.A. called "Once Upon a Time ... Axl Rose Was My Neighor."

Sources close to Everly tells us ... neighborhood kids were responsible for the damage, NOT Axl.

- http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/28/axl-rose- … se-desist/

The artist herself is a bit on the fence, calling it a docudrama. I don't really give a toss about whether Axl painted it or not. Just this whole legal opera's amusing. tongue

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"Once Upon a Time ... Axl Rose Was My Neighor."

Sad.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Got Axl's back on this one. If he didn't do it they shouldn't say he did and it's annoying for a classic song like SCOM to get mixed up into such lies.

Sky Dog wrote:

Great job Mikka......no comments now that it was denied and proven false by an actual individual involved? 

more bullshit from the Democrats....errrrr, I mean SLASHITES.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

When Erin Everly takes it in the ass bound and tied, then a punch in the face... and STILL backs that guy when he calls you a liar?!?!?!

RonSimmonsDamn.jpg

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Great job Mikka......no comments now that it was denied and proven false by an actual individual involved? 

more bullshit from the Democrats....errrrr, I mean SLASHITES.

Take your pills, bro. 22 I only posted an article. Have you heard about time zones? I had been sleeping in the past hours.

My comment still stands - he's obsessed with every little thing to escape from making music.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

actually we blame him for not moving on but imagine at every turn someone is making and art exhibit of your past.

never the less.

unless erin was dating the neighborhood kids they are both lying.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Wasn't Eriin at one of GNR's concerts recently? Maybe they've made up.

Board footer