You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Axl On Kimmel Oct 24th, Live Interview!

Aussie wrote:

The Oscar Wilde thing shows that these interviews are mainly scripted but it's what I would have expected and it's not unique to Axl.

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Stuff like that goes a long way...

very true. as a PR stunt it was a job very well done.

misterID wrote:

For the record, Fortus got a bigger pop from the crowd than Tommy did. Fortus, the man who gets no respect with GN'R fans gets respect from everyone else!

are you being serious here?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

misterID wrote:

For the record, Fortus got a bigger pop from the crowd than Tommy did. Fortus, the man who gets no respect with GN'R fans gets respect from everyone else!

moment of insanity for ID.....I don't care what anyone says. Tommy is the ONLY new gnr member who has any presence in the music industry. Unfortunately, he is a bass player so his ultimate exposure is limited. Tough gig playing in Westerberg's and Rose's shadow. axl

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
DCK wrote:

A normal, fun Kimmel interview. Axl came off well, spoke, gave gifts too. Good stuff. No complaints. The shows are designed for this, not to discuss the Chinese Democracy lack of promotion part. No ones cares. Except us.

Agree. It is what it is, and Axl did well. Couldn't have done better, except the little white lie about his offstage doings.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

misterID wrote:

moment of insanity for ID.....I don't care what anyone says. Tommy is the ONLY new gnr member who has any presence in the music industry. Unfortunately, he is a bass player so his ultimate exposure is limited. Tough gig playing in Westerberg's and Rose's shadow. axl

I was just having some fun. I thought it was funny out of all the names that got props Richard's was one of the biggest. Doesn't mean anything.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Before my brain caught on that the audience was being prompted (shame on me as a fanatical Larry Sanders fan), my stomach actual got butterflies when they said Richard's name- I was really nervous the place would go into polite golf claps.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Just watched it. A baby step in the right direction. Cool interview and like others have said, should have been doing these types of shows years ago. Has a great personality and would be a perfect guest on other shows as well(judge on Iron Chef,etc.).

Having said that, until he announces concrete info on a new album followed quickly by a release date(or at least a new song), my interest in GNR is between zero and less than zero.

This is my stance on other singers/bands I like as well. I'm just not into the nostalgia thing with these acts.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Just got around to watching this.

Pretty much the typical interview I expected - in that Axl came off as a nice guy as he nearly always does in interviews: funny, friendly, generous, well spoken, willing to take some comedic heat for his reputation and so on.

But also as I expected sort of a pointless interview in that it contained no real questions, no real information, and no suggestion of anything much in the future.

As a fan I'd deeply love to know if there are still plans to continue the once-considered CD part 2 and make something of the lost sessions, or if there are plans to record entirely new ideas with the current line up.

I'd also like to know if there is a reason axl changed his vocal delivery style between 01-02, then different again in 06, then again in 11-12 - does he have a medical problem with his voice or is it just ageing or experimentation or what. I'd support him fully if we only knew what the reasons behind it are.

To me the performances are becoming so blatantly distinct from his old style that it's getting to a point where the general public needs some kind of explanation for what's going on.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Just got around to watching this.

Pretty much the typical interview I expected - in that Axl came off as a nice guy as he nearly always does in interviews: funny, friendly, generous, well spoken, willing to take some comedic heat for his reputation and so on.

But also as I expected sort of a pointless interview in that it contained no real questions, no real information, and no suggestion of anything much in the future.

As a fan I'd deeply love to know if there are still plans to continue the once-considered CD part 2 and make something of the lost sessions, or if there are plans to record entirely new ideas with the current line up.

I'd also like to know if there is a reason axl changed his vocal delivery style between 01-02, then different again in 06, then again in 11-12 - does he have a medical problem with his voice or is it just ageing or experimentation or what. I'd support him fully if we only knew what the reasons behind it are.

To me the performances are becoming so blatantly distinct from his old style that it's getting to a point where the general public needs some kind of explanation for what's going on.

my opinion monkey:

To do the 06 voice, it takes A LOT of work and dedication.

to do the other, he can still party and not put as much effort into it.

people at concerts are usually drunk, they do the mix right where the average fan can't tell/don't care.

I wonder sometimes if his voice didn't always sound like RIR, only the mix was so good in concert u couldn't hear it as well.

Board footer