You are not logged in. Please register or login.

data11235
 Rep: 1 

Re: How many of you have had your wisdom teeth cut out?

data11235 wrote:

I am a member of the ALL 4 AT ONCE CLUB!  All 4 were impacted and I had to be put out!  They wanted to do 2 then 2 later, but I said that if you only do 2, I am never coming back for the others!!  9 days on Codine and drinking malts... Ugh!! Never want to go through that again...! 

I was 16 when the surgery was done by the way!

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:
data11235 wrote:

I was 16 when the surgery was done by the way!

Wise beyond your years?  wink

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

I was referred to the hospital for this in the summer but they seem to have forgotten about me so my dentist referred me again when I went the other week for a check up.  All 4 are impacted and when they start to push through it causes me dreadful pain, has done since I was in my teens.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I now have an impacted and infected wisdom tooth sad

gotta go see an oral surgeon

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I had mine done at the dentist's office with a local.  It sucked.  I remember hearing the cracking sound as he pushed as hard as he could against my face while pulling the tooth with a pair of pliers.  I was tempted to kill the fucker when he broke the tooth and proceeded to just cut it out himself on the spot.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so you're sayin that i should elect to get knocked out? 16

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so you're sayin that i should elect to get knocked out? 16

Well, I assume that you're not dealing with the incompetance I was, but I would if they give you the option.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I had mine done about 2 years ago, got knocked out.  Like Randalls OP, I got the anesthesia, and was lightheaded, doc asked  if I'm ok, I said yeah, i'm good, just gimmie a moment.  A second later I remember waking up, and sure enough the docs taking off his gloves, I said "OK I'm ready" he said he was done.  I didn't realize I was out for 10 or 15 minutes or whatever. Crazy stuff.  Got some Vicodin out of it, didn't use them all. Went back to work the next day, but probably should have taken a day off afterwards. Also I did bleed onto my pillow alot, which sucked cause I had just bought new bedsheets.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The surgery itself is a piece of cake, if you're knocked the F out.  But things are none too pleasant the following days.  You can't really eat much, there's lots of blood, and quite a bit of soreness.  But the procedure itself you won't remember, or feel a bit.  I too vaguely remember being awake for part of it but I felt nothing and I was loopy as anything.  That stuff they give you is amazing.  They tell you to count down from 10, they might as well say 3 because that's about all it takes.

Scary thinking that's how Michael Jackson got to bed on a regular basis.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Mine came in wrong, and put pressure on the rest of my teeth. I had all of mine taken out about 6-7 years ago. Was painful, and I completely tripped on the anestesia. When I came out, I had no recollection of where I was at or why I was there. For whatever reason, I thought my family was dead, and I had survived. I stormed out of the recovery room, and tried to muscle out of the office, and everyone panicked.

Other than that, once they got someone there I knew who could explain what had happened, I was fine. Really weird. I have had a few surgeries and that has never happened.

After that, it was painful, but the meds helped and of course it subsided and life went on.

Board footer