You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The Grand Theft Auto V Thread (Release Date Announced!)

polluxlm wrote:

They should just make every game in California. You got scrapers, big ass highways, beaches, deserts, mountains, farm country, vegas right by etc.

If I was rich I'd definitely be living in LA.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't see why modern Miami couldn't be used. I've been saying for years they needed to go back to Vice City. That's an area that could be easily put into a game and have all kinds of terrain.

You put oceans in it, like GTA IV, you have this big, flashy, bright, colorful city, running with crime, but a cool vibe, alot of blue (think Michael Mann's revised Miami Vice). A cool soundtrack of modern ambient, mixed with pop, with elements of grunge for the soundtrack. You add the Florida Keys to the south, creating a tropical island element in the game, similar to Far Cry 3, and to the west you put the Florida Everglades, a rural setting loaded with dangers and also water, river elements. Throw some cool ass cars in it and some go fast boats... sounds like Vice City 2013 to me.

I'd dig it. What I don't understand is how they'd incorporate all of those MASSIVE maps into one game, and one Bluray's storage space.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Or they could set the whole game in the 80's Vegas, LA and NY would all work in an 80's setting with Miami/VC being the centre piece if they wanted. Also would it be all new cities again, or the maps we already know? As jumping from the LA of GTAV to the NY of GTA3 would probably be a bit of an contrast.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

They're simply talking about how they would work Vice City into a game with GTAIV's NYC & GTAV's LA.

It would be strictly the modern GTA world. They just don't know how Vice City would be worked in, because the original concept was that flashy, color-drenched, poppy, Miami Vice-world of Miami circa 1986, and that's just NOT what Miami is today.

To me Miami has become more and more South American as the years have gone by. Almost as if it's Rio or Buenos Aires-North, rather than being as American as it might've been 20-30 years ago. Maybe they could play that up.

I said for years they needed to go international, even if it was up to Toronto or Vancouver as the very least. I'm shocked they didn't try to go to London, Paris, or Rio.

I was flat out stunned that it was in fact the resurrected Max Payne franchise (of them all) that was the first to go international, and jaunted down to Sao Paulo. I would've figured that Max would've been in NY forever, and that GTA would've been first on the seen to get the franchise out of the states.

I'm also still shocked a city like Chicago hasn't been tackled. Or maybe even Dallas. Maybe the cities are too boring. Dallas is RAMPANT with crime, and you have tons of the drug smuggling, desert angles with Mexico to the south. You could set it in Dallas, and then have trips across the border. Similar to a modern day Red Dead Redemption. Obviously Dallas is MUCH further North than Mexico, but i'm talking artistic liberties here. After all GTA: San Andreas featured LA, San Fran & Vegas, all within a minutes drive.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

detroit of the 80s! culminating at a finale on devils night wink

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

No fucking way. Could there potentially be a chance that there will be sharks in the water that will eat you?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Disappointing, I was looking forward to playing this soon but if that's what it takes to get it right then it's probably for the best.

Board footer