You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Grand Theft Auto V Thread (Release Date Announced!)

Axlin16 wrote:

SON OF A BITCH

I was planning on spending Spring Break on this. Dammit.

johndivney wrote:

yea the first half of the yr is fucking crap now
'13 is gonna be such a shitty fucking yr if it continues this way
at least u guys might get new console/s by yrs end we wont see ps4 til '14 which is like living back in the early '90s when shit wouldnt get european localisation til like centuries later

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I thought PS4 was going to be 15/16 release? I admit I haven't been keeping up with much console news but end of this year sounds a bit soon?

johndivney wrote:

They're revealing it on feb20 gonna announce jap/us 4th quarter release euro early '14

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I seriously seriously doubt that PS4 drops this year, despite what they say.

I mean it makes NO business sense imo. Who's going to sell it? I know Sony just rolled out the final PS3's with the super-slim's, I actually own one of the 500GB ones, but how in the hell is PS4 going to sell in this economy?

This is a day where people play almost as many games on their cell phones as well as other portable devices as they do in console gaming. Plus the fear of no second-gen games, plus backwards compatibility, plus who's gonna stock the games? I highly doubt Wal-Mart is gonna suddenly make room for PS4, when they're still selling PS2 games.

I don't get it. It seems to be jumping the gun, and unless it's priced LOW and I mean LOW, this thing will be an epic flop. Sony has always lost money on these consoles. Always. But it just seems like a major misstep. These things should not be any higher than $400 bucks, and it seems even weirder now that GTAV has been pushed back that one of the biggest, most legendary, console PS titles in modern history is gonna drop for PS3 only mere months before PS4 hits stores and dates the product?

It just seems really weird and like, not gonna happen imo. I still say it doesn't come out for another year and a half at least.

johndivney wrote:

well i disagree w/almost all that!

i hink it's past time we've had the next gen of consoles.

it's a matter of necessity rather than economics. look at  the top-end PCs & how they perform vs. current gen consoles & it's apparent the need for a new gen of consoles or a PC or the living room.

it's time. the time is ripe!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
johndivney wrote:

well i disagree w/almost all that!

i hink it's past time we've had the next gen of consoles.

it's a matter of necessity rather than economics. look at  the top-end PCs & how they perform vs. current gen consoles & it's apparent the need for a new gen of consoles or a PC or the living room.

it's time. the time is ripe!

Technologically speaking it is time for new consoles. Economically it is not. There is no demand and a lot of people are content with using the current gen.

johndivney wrote:

nah there's demand. there are always loads of early adopters to new tech, esp consoles & the playstation & xbox brands inspire zealous loyalty.

the hype'll start for ps4 next week then there's a conference in march where both'll be shown side-by-side. that's plenty of time to generate hype until november.

wait & see. there'll be hundreds & thousands queued up on launch night as per always.

it's prob been discussed elsewhere & this isn't the place for it but apparently the new xbox will only allow games to be played via an internet connection. as a means to stamp out piracy & the second-hand games trade especially. it would be a real fucking shit thing to do if happens. i barely buy brand new games anymore unless they're grand theft auto games!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree with you technology is already surpassing it elsewhere. But i'm sorry, economically I think people don't want it. Expect a massive flop. This is a generation now that is more willing to spend $10 bucks on games that look 8-bit Nintendo, rather than $70 bucks on the next gen console games.

I would LOVE to see what the next console brings, but i'm not willing to pay for it AT ALL. Especially the PS3 I have already has HD gaming. What else is there? 3D games?

To me the only next gen reality is a realistic virtual reality simulator where I can live an alternate life, and fuck chicks beyond my means, etc. I mean real realistic.

johndivney wrote:

don't get me wrong, there's no way i'm gonna be able to afford a new console on launch day/launch window. & i'm not particularly enthusiastic about the approach for next gen games - seriously, another assasins creed/call of duty/fifa run is not something i get excited about, & the weighted favour shown to motion control/kinect/PS Move isn't my cup of tea either.

now, having said all that, i'm still super excited to see what GAMEPLAY evolution there is awaiting us next gen. aside from just looking better i expect new dimensions & imaginative elements to come thru.

but there's no way they flop.
i know if i had the canoli's or if i knew i'd have them come november i'd be placing my pre-order of a PS4 as soon as it's announced. the demand'll always be there, especially after a longer than usual console cycle this time round.

Board footer