You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: The Grand Theft Auto V Thread (Release Date Announced!)

The game map has leaked online, it looks as though it is 4/5 times bigger than the entire San Andreas map!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

WOW! I cannot wait. I was worried initially returning to Los Santos, and not San Andreas (with San Fierro and Las Nuevas), but now?

Think i'm gonna love it. I love the western North America vibe. Wonder if the northern mountains will see any snow on the map? May be too hot of a terrain.

I think i'm gonna enjoy having more of a wilderness map to do hunting and fucking around, something that was severely lacking in all other GTA games. This is gonna be like a modern day Red Dead, except hunting deer with bazookas. 16

Awesome

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Map is looking very good. A bigger and better SA. After the momentous disappointment Rome 2 Total War turned out to be this might be the first good game release in years.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

From what I've read they're describing it as almost a rockstar greatest hits, so I guess it stands to reason there'll be elements of red dead in there. It looks a more welcoming and fun environment to be immersed in as opposed to the generally drab and dull backdrop of gta IV.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've never enjoyed the Gotham-backdrop to the GTA games. There's not enough to do with the maps. It's all metro-city. An urban jungle. Unless you use cheats that allows you to jump cars off the tops of skyscapers (gotta admit that was pretty bad ass in GTA IV), there's just not enough to do. So what do you do with that? You expand your weapons arsenal... which was insanely BOR-ING in GTA IV. Not until The Ballad of Gay Tony expansion, did the game expand the weapons to something cooler, especially the RoboCop/anti-tank gun, as well as that badass devestating shot gun that could total entire cars.

Maybe had GTA IV reflected more of a Seattle/Vancouver-vibe like GTA III, rather than just straight up NYC, you could've had a Gotham-map surrounded by like mountains or something more interesting. I always thought it would've been cool to go back to Vice City and do modern day Miami, but expand it out to the Indian Reservation in the Glades, as well as the islands in the Keys. That would've been an interesting thing to do.

But after the map for San Andreas came out, I feel in love with the multi-appeal aspect of it. It as it all. Desert, beach, city, mountains, water, all of the above.

Now to have basically that, but WAY BIGGER and in full HD? Plus I think the storyline and playability is gonna crush GTA IV, personally.

Where do I sign?

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Well what does everyone think?

I havnt got too far into the game, I'm only up to the scene where Trever walks into Michaels house, I've been playing it in dribs and drabs. I think I've spent most of my time playing it just driving around, the scenery in this game is mindblowing, its so realistic.

Only thing I'm disliking is the gun control, I find it pretty cumbersome, I've tried adjusting it various ways and its still clunky.
Infact I've still not managed to beat that scene where Michael smokes the joint and has to shoot the monsters, its doing my nut in.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I love it. Beat the main story. I have over a billion dollars with each guy thanks to lesters assassination missions which tie into the stock market. Im collected cool rides and doing the side missions and events. Hoping a dlc comes out with new missions or something.  Fooled around a little with online but not that much.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Must admit the official trailer makes me want to buy a PS3 or 360, but think I'll just wait for the PC version as I'm not that fussed. I gotta say that I much prefer smaller maps in any game. I like being able to memorise streets through repeated plays as it makes cop chases much more fun. In San Andreas (the last GTA I played) I just found the map to be way too huge so I was always disorientated and staring at the radar instead of the game hmm

johndivney wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I love it. Beat the main story. I have over a billion dollars with each guy thanks to lesters assassination missions which tie into the stock market. Im collected cool rides and doing the side missions and events. Hoping a dlc comes out with new missions or something.  Fooled around a little with online but not that much.

u ps3?
anyone wanna play add me:

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm ps3, dont really play online though. You played fifa14 yet, what do you think?

Board footer