You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Are kids more pussified today?

-D- wrote:

Seems kids these days are a bunch of whining pussies. Im sure some were that way when I was a kid but I don't remember it really.

In this day and age where everbody gets a trophy, people don't keep score etc.  I think the nation is growing softer.

Bullying for instance is bad, but fuck, I was bullied my entire life and it just made me stronger and more determined. I owe a lot of my inner strength etc to it today.

I remember growing up in the projects as a kid and we didn't eat out or have nice things and the rich jock bastards at school would make fun etc but thats just how it was.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

This is a rhetorical question right?  The obvious answer is YES!  End of discussion.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

They are only gonna get softer it goes down the line

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
-D- wrote:

Bullying for instance is bad, but fuck, I was bullied my entire life and it just made me stronger and more determined. I owe a lot of my inner strength etc to it today.

I remember growing up in the projects as a kid and we didn't eat out or have nice things and the rich jock bastards at school would make fun etc but thats just how it was.

That's great that you thrived throught bullying, but in many instances it has caused suicide and depression.

That's maybe how a teenagers social life worked decades ago, but it doesn't need to be like that. I'm 16 and experienced bullying in middle school up until the beginning of high school. Did I grow from it? Yes. But would I have been better off not being bullied. You bet! Being bullied isn't the only way to overcome adversity, there are much healthier ways to overcome it

I see way too many kids sitting alone during lunch to believe bullying is a healthy aspect of growing up

Just wait until you have a son/daughter that comes home and just emotionally breaks down and then tell me that bullying is alright

At first I was alright with the way you saw this issue, but the more I write this, the more I'm pissed that some people see it the way you do

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not kids, boys and men are. I swear there is nothing more bizarre seeing a 19 year old boy talking about womens rights, not because he's interested in politics, but because it's viewed as the hip thing to do these days.

I can see why our forefathers made laws to restrict women, cause many men apparently can't assert themselves without the backing of armed soldiers.

-D-

-D- wrote:

My niece was being bullied. I taught her how to fight ny brother told principal either she handle it or he was gonna let his daughter handle it. She hasnt been bullied since. Proactive parenting goes a long way.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Still doesn't make Bullying acceptable, some kids aren't as privileged to come home to a caring family that will teach them how to defend for themselves

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bro-mero wrote:
-D- wrote:

That's great that you thrived throught bullying, but in many instances it has caused suicide and depression.

That's maybe how a teenagers social life worked decades ago, but it doesn't need to be like that. I'm 16 and experienced bullying in middle school up until the beginning of high school. Did I grow from it? Yes. But would I have been better of not being bullied. You bet! Being bullied isn't the only way to overcome adversity, there are much healthier ways to overcome it

I see way too many kids sitting alone during lunch to believe bullying is a healthy aspect of growing up

Just wait until you have a son/daughter that comes home and just emotionally breaks down and then tell me that bullying is alright

At first I was alright with the way you saw this issue, but the more I write this, the more I'm pissed that some people see it the way you do

Best 16-year old comment on bullying in the history of man. Agree with literally everything. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wow. 22

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

BUT at the same time, we need a balance. Games should always have scores. For as much as it is healthy to contain bullying, its also just as healthy to expose children to loss and disappointment. They have to know what it's like to feel disappointment in order to deal with it. From what i've discovered, life is FULL of crushing disappointments. The only reason i'm here today is because I was tolarant of it at a young age. I got to deal with rejection early. Eventually I became numb to it. Still hurts a little though, but more in a Dr. Loomis, "I knew this would happen" sort of attitude.

You want a kid committing suicide over bullying at 16? Or do you want an adult committing suicide at 25 because they can't deal with REAL life?

It's your decision to quote Mr. Cantrell.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Agree completely axlin.

I dont condone bullying but people are in denial if they think it will ever stop. So better deal with it and teach ur kid. Like axlin said coping skills Are one of the greatest tools u can be given as a child.

Board footer