You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: The Guns N’ Roses Residency: 5 Tips If You’re Considering Going

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

3. Solo songs make for smart bathroom breaks. Five separate times during the show, Rose introduces a member of his band—specifically, in order: Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Dizzy Reed, DJ Ashba and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal—exits the stage and leaves that musician in control for one number. The numbers range from terrible (Bumblefoot's "Glad to Be Here") to acceptable (Stinson's "Motivation"), but are all momentum-sapping indulgences and none qualifies as a must-see.

Lol. Cutting right to the bone.

Pretty good guide.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Great review and analysis Russ. Glad to hear an honest opinion on what's going on. I hope you and your crew had a wonderful time at the show despite those set backs and the boys proved their skills. I personally love Glad to Be Here. Rock'n tune! Wish they would drop the Dizzy solo and maybe dj.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Great review and analysis Russ. Glad to hear an honest opinion on what's going on. I hope you and your crew had a wonderful time at the show despite those set backs and the boys proved their skills. I personally love Glad to Be Here. Rock'n tune! Wish they would drop the Dizzy solo and maybe dj.

I didn't write this. It's a "pre-review" of sorts from lasvegasweekly.com

The reporter published this as sort of an "online intro" for his review that's supposed to come out later in print.

Myself, Stacey, buzz and our buddy Chris won't get to see the show til next Wednesday.

Oh shit. I didn't see the website link at the bottom. Nevermind then. 14 Oh ok!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Sounds like a decent review and he nails the opinion of so many people when it comes to the over indulgence of solos. I've always said they are momentum suckers and totally kill the vibe. Interesting to hear him say Axl's voice is getting strnger as the ights go on. The shwos I've seen I found it to be the opposite.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Good stuff 16

I really like Dizzy's solo and Richard's solo's that segway into songs like Madagascar and Patience and I really dig Tommy's. But I could do without the rest. Great opportunity to take a break or get a drink. So, I think they serve a purpose.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All of these guys are capable of quality solos, but it's tiring at this point. +1 goes to Richard & Ron for doing something new, although the changes aren't exactly great. Richard's recent solo is technically a beast and it's tone is the closest to Slash i've heard since the top hatted one, but it lacks soul.

That leaves Dizzy & DJ. DJ doing his thing and playing his melodic style is a joy to listen to, but good God haven't we heard Ballad of Death and the lesser Mi Amor enough at this point? They're good, but not THAT good.

Dizzy is always entertaining, but his choice of covers aren't exactly spot on. I think Dizzy's solos are best served for a "sit down" break from standing, versus a bathroom break.

*end fanboyism*

Board footer