You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GN'R Filming: How is it financed?

Axlin16 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Dipping into the vault now could be a great strategy for Axl. Their live show is well honed, and by releasing another album they cold continue to tour and give time for the band to write as a group.

The other thing I'd like to see if Axl spend a bit of time with izzy and write a few gnr tunes together. I'm sure if they laid a foundation the rest of the group could write around it.

I'd be keen to ask bumble now he's been in the band for quite a while how he would approach writing guitar parts. His solo style seems so far apart from the classic rock vibe.

Anyway sorry went off track there.

That's a good point. If it's just about music and inspiration, why has Axl recruited Izzy for some tunes and just used Izzy solely to be GNR's main writer with himself? Done deal. That was pretty much GN'R of the past.

Call in DJ, Ron & Richard for solos to be worked over the songs, Tommy for bass... I don't see why that doesn't instantly create another new GN'R album within a year or less.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Dipping into the vault now could be a great strategy for Axl. Their live show is well honed, and by releasing another album they cold continue to tour and give time for the band to write as a group.

The other thing I'd like to see if Axl spend a bit of time with izzy and write a few gnr tunes together. I'm sure if they laid a foundation the rest of the group could write around it.

I'd be keen to ask bumble now he's been in the band for quite a while how he would approach writing guitar parts. His solo style seems so far apart from the classic rock vibe.

Anyway sorry went off track there.

That's a good point. If it's just about music and inspiration, why has Axl recruited Izzy for some tunes and just used Izzy solely to be GNR's main writer with himself? Done deal. That was pretty much GN'R of the past.

Call in DJ, Ron & Richard for solos to be worked over the songs, Tommy for bass... I don't see why that doesn't instantly create another new GN'R album within a year or less.

Answer is:

A-X-L

wink

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The new rolling stones song doom and gloom has really grown on me. If tey can do it I am sure ax and izz still have some of that magic left.

No harm in perhaps bringing dj or richard into some sessions with izzy. I'm sure axl and izzy would have a good ear for what does and doesn't work and could work with them creating tunes. I would love to know what izzy thinks of the tracks ashba sent axl.

I don't know about bumble yet - very talented guitarist, but not sure his creative style fits.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No offense to Ron, but i'm convinced at this point he's just there to throw a solo on to something and nothing more. The bridging and actual writing will probably be handed to DJ, Richard and maybe even Tommy on a new record imo.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:

No offense to Ron, but i'm convinced at this point he's just there to throw a solo on to something and nothing more. The bridging and actual writing will probably be handed to DJ, Richard and maybe even Tommy on a new record imo.

I could see it handled that way. I would be just fine with that process. If it happens.

Board footer