You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Alice In Chains

metallex78 wrote:

The search function isn't working for me, so if I've created a double up for this official AIC discussion thread, please merge it with the other.

Anyway, big news, apparently they've finished recording their new album, which is awesome, because I had NO idea they'd even started!

Guitarist Confirms Completion Of New ALICE IN CHAINS Album - Dec. 5, 2012

According to The Pulse Of Radio, ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell has confirmed to Guitar World that the band has finished recording its fifth studio album and second without original vocalist Layne Staley. The new disc will follow up 2009's "Black Gives Way To Blue", which ended a 14-year gap between studio efforts for the group and featured singer/guitarist William DuVall. Cantrell said, "In my opinion, that record stood up to anything else we've put out in our career and this new one is right up there, as well."

ALICE IN CHAINS began working on new material in 2011, but the sessions for the album were delayed when Cantrell had to undergo shoulder surgery.

He said that the pressure in following up "Black Gives Way To Blue" was like "having to deal with the sophomore jinx for the second time in our career."

ALICE IN CHAINS all but faded from the scene after the release of its self-titled third album in 1995. Staley's death in 2002 seemed to seal the band's fate as well.

But Cantrell, drummer Sean Kinney and bassist Mike Inez regrouped in 2006 with DuVall, first for several tours and then eventually to create new music.

Although no official release date has been confirmed yet for the new album, it has likely that the disc may make its debut in early 2013.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=183202

Not only that, but their new single "Hollow" will debut in two weeks time! 9

ALICE IN CHAINS: New Song 'Hollow' To Make Its Online Debut In Two Weeks

ALICE IN CHAINS has issued the following update:

"Every day for the next 10 days, a new lyrical phrase from our brand new song 'Hollow' will be posted at @aliceinchains on Instagram. We want you to create an image inspired by or featuring a single word or phrase from those lyrics. Next, share those photos on Instagram or Twitter tagging #HOLLOWAIC. On December 18, visit http://www.aliceinchains.com/hollow/ to see your photos and other fan photos from around the world, then hear and become 'Hollow'."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m … mID=183271

chainshollow.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is great news.

Black Gives Way to Blue was a fantastic album...and I really like William DuVall.

Just hope it's mixed by Randy Staub again!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Love Alice in Chains. I thoroughly enjoyed most of Black Gives Way to Blue. I'm dying to see them live one of these days. Can't wait for the new album next year and the single that comes out in a few weeks.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

This is great news.

Black Gives Way to Blue was a fantastic album...and I really like William DuVall.

Just hope it's mixed by Randy Staub again!

Agree with this post! Will works great with the band and I've seen how he does during live performances from some TV broadcasts. Seems like a cool & humble guy in person too.  Jerry and the others are still a powerhouse!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I saw AIC live in Australia before Black Gives Way To Blue came out, and they played a set of all the great AIC songs you'd expect to hear. And I swear at times, I could close my eyes, and William sounded just like Layne.

Really looking forward to this, it looks like 2013 will have some big new releases already!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I knew they were writing and recording (metallex I mentioned it several times here, lol), but I had no clue they were finished and ready to drop a single. THAT is how a band operates.

I just got done with new Soundgarden and now AIC is back for Christmas?

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

If the single is out in a few weeks... I see no reason why the record wouldn't be out the first week of January at the latest...  Here's another example of an artist doing shit "the old way"... Sure... they're using social media to their advantage and shit... But why let the record sit on a shelf any longer than you have to in an attempt to "build anticipation"

BGWTB was great. Some of my friends didn't give it a fair shake because they called it AIC without Layne... But, with songs like Last Of My Kind, A Looking In View and Private Hell, they couldn't call it anything else. It was dripping with old school Alice In Chains swagger  In my review of the album i called it what it was: Their Back In Black.

Now let's hope they don't nosedive into self parody, like AC/DC did...

**fingers crossed**

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Was with you until the bit about Ac/Dc moving into self parody....to me they've always been great at a certain thing and just stay true to that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE SINGLE?

I haven't heard it. I can't find it. It's not on radio, from what i've heard. There have been no ads for it. When you go to the website it takes you nowhere. It's not on YouTube. It's not on Amazon. It's not on iTunes.

WHAT... THE... FUCK?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer