You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Alice In Chains

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought he sounded like complete and utter shit on YouTube.

Give me a video that you recommend, and I would love to hear GOOD vocals from DuVall live.

Because I really really want to go to that Alice In Chains show in a couple months. DuVall's crap voice live has scared me off.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Agreed with Flashflood, YouTube does NOT do him justice at ALL. Saw AIC live just before them album came out, and they played a set of classics where he was flawless to my ears.

Dare I say it, he even sang some songs better live than Layne did...

Love Hate Love was fucking amazing

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Axlin...what do you think of this show? Does some songs better than others...but overall I'd have liked to be there....also cameo from Duff on Rooster wink

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That was the exact one I was thinking of when I thought DuVall sounded utterly fucking terrible.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Oh really? Wow...ok....to be honest I've only got into AIC in recent years...never saw Layne live so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing....but to me DuVall seems  to be a good fit in that the band can move forward with him and he can kinda do the old songs.

I sometimes wonder what VR would have been like if they'd found a similar Axl replacement (not that one exists probably). Like VR intentionally went in a new style.....but if they'd gone the AIC route of making an album that fits in with their old works but with a replica singer....

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I think DuVall's voice is good enough replacement for a reboot, and as long as he's singing on AIC's new stuff, I think he sounds great (he's better in-studio than live).

But on the Layne stuff... ugh. Layne has an incredibly hard voice to replicate. Still it just sounds bad to me. FlashFlood said YouTube doesn't do DuVall justice live. You can almost "close your eyes and believe Layne is there". Well based on YouTube, I couldn't disagree more. But maybe live in person DuVall is a beast that is Layne II. Kind of like Axl sounds better (sometimes) in person than on YouTube.

But I would love for FlashFlood to elaborate a bit more, and maybe provide some links. I'd be curious to debate this. I loved Layne, but i'm not a Layne mark.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

While there is a noticeable difference on the old AiC shit live... I think DuVall does an amazing job of recreating what Layne would have sounded like on new songs... especially live:

annnd.. I realize he's not Layne... But the kid does it right.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

OKAY! I found myself a show with DuVall performing and he was pretty good! Here it is on YouTube...

Looks like some festival show in Sao Paulo. DuVall is fine live. Layne is Layne, but DuVall is quality here. That is worth a ticket purchase.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

cover_current.png

Alice In Chains revealed the cover for the forthcoming album “The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here” and it’s set for release on 5.14.13 (via Capitol Records) — This will be the band’s fifth studio LP and their second album with singer William Duvall.

The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here” Tracklisting:

Voices
    Low Ceiling
    Stone: http://amzn.com/B00BWGJQ0G
    The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here
    Hollow: http://youtu.be/hmSeWqmlqYs
    Lab Monkey
    Hung On A Hook
    Pretty Done
    Breath On A Window
    Choke
    Phantom Limb

And the new single “Stone” hits radio, next week. Also, available for purchase on Amazon and (most likely) iTunes on 3.26.13!

tumblr_mk1ir08eTJ1qz9kwxo2_1280.png

Board footer