You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Guns N' Roses to come to Australia in March 2013

Scabbie wrote:

I dunno why but I don't think they will be in Europe.

I'd quite happily sacrifice a tour for a new bloody record though.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
otto wrote:

I know they're too many, but if my memory serves me right:

Axl
Dizzy
Pitman
Ashba
Fortus
Ron Thal
Frank Ferrer
Tommy Stinson

tongue

14 Good one

I saw what 'Chow said about wanting to get to the front row for an UCaP type show. I gotta tell ya that I never had any interest in that at all until I went to the HoB/Chicago show last year with ereeper. He had VIP Gold and was excited about getting up front. I was able to weasel myself a spot near the front of the line through the course of the day and ended up right in front too. ereeper was directly in front of Axl and I was off to Ron's side but still on the railing. I gotta tell you, it was FAR cooler than I thought it would be!

Being closer to the stage is such a better experience.  I got GA tickets for the last show I went to and it was awesome.  I wasn't quite front row, but I was about 10 feet or so from the stage.  It's like you're at a different show than if your 500 feet away in the stands.  All concerts will pale in comparison unless I can get somewhere near that close.  Though I must say, standing for the 5 hours or so of tailgating and then the 4 or so hours of waiting/rocking out did a toll on my legs.  They were shot by the end of the night.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything.  It was well worth it.

Hope everyone has fun at the shows.  I wouldn't count on anything new or exceedingly different, but as always, I hope I'm wrong.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've been side stage a few times and pretty much right up on them, far closer than even the pit, and the people i've went with were just mesmerized being that close, and loving every second.

I just go all cool, like "oh yeah that's Axl, what up man?" like i'm some big shot, and just play it off.

Seriously... I could give a fuck. You guys know me at this point. 16

But the people that were there were just stunned, and I gotta be honest, even for future shows, I LOVE getting right to the side of the stage. It's like watching it ON THE STAGE, and it's just the premiere way to see a show, especially a rock show. Not to mention you get the chance to shake hands with pretty much the entire band, including Mr. Rose, which is like... who fuckin' needs backstage at that point where Axl's gonna be kept away from you? You just shook the dude's hand and he looked at you and acknowledged you WHILE he's doing his thing that makes him a legend.

Anyways, that's how and where you do it. Can be expensive tho.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, I've been side stage at a Def Leppard show too, albeit 25 rows up or so.  But still those seats were great to view the show.  Most other times I've been way far away, I still have a good time, but it's just no comparison for being up close.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I dunno why but I don't think they will be in Europe.

I'd quite happily sacrifice a tour for a new bloody record though.

Me too, trust me!

And the only reason I think they'll be over this way touring is because of the two festivals that they're attached over here.

Yeah I feel we could get a few more US dates between festivals or around that time. I hope not a full tour though. Like most I just want to hear new music.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Thought I'd bump this since the aussie tour kicks off this weekend.

Who's going to what show? I cannot remember.

I'm going to March 16th and March 17th in Melbourne.

It's an odd venue with the seating in front of the pit...and I have front row seats on the second night....pretty excited!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Im wondering following Ron's comments, Duff just played here in Perth at Soundwave on Monday, he has two Japanese dates on the 7th and 8th and then that's it from what I can see.  I wonder if he may come back down here then and guest with GNR.  First gig is here in Perth on the 9th.

Still can't work out what Izzy is doing down here if indeed he is, other than possibly guesting with GNR.

Probably all just wishful thinking on my part.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Thought I'd bump this since the aussie tour kicks off this weekend.

Who's going to what show? I cannot remember.

I'm going to March 16th and March 17th in Melbourne.

It's an odd venue with the seating in front of the pit...and I have front row seats on the second night....pretty excited!

Yeah, Monkey and I are front row for the 17th March gig. Closest I've ever been at a GN'R show! 9

Board footer