You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: www.paradisecity.com

-D- wrote:

Just heard from very reliable source this site is legit. Hmmmmm.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

it's a bullshit website...nothing more, nothing less. Honestly, nothing to offer me so why?

What he said.

Any band that releases ZERO content of any kind does not need multiple sites. They could easily get away with zero sites like in the past and just let the fans hang out at their favorite GNR forums. GNR doesn't even need a Facebook or Twitter page. GNR wanting people to jump through hoops to join a site is laughable.

If you are a band that actually does something, this is all you need....

http://soundgardenworld.com/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah that one is good, but Pearl Jam seems to trump them all. Bono turned me on to there's and i've been stunned how in-depth Pearl Jam's website goes. THAT is a band that has their online prescence wrapped in a bow and ready to go out the door. I don't know what else more you could possibly want as a fan from your artist than what Pearl Jam offers their fans, other than maybe Metallica's feature of "free bootlegs". I believe you have to buy them on PJ's website, but Jesus H. Christ, Pearl Jam offers like almost all of their live shows in CD quality, with liners if you want them. Plus, remember they are a band that changes up their setlist quite a bit, like Soundgarden.

That's just crazy to me. That's how a band operates.

I'm hoping with the kind of "cousins" relationship that the bands and websites are with PJ, Soundgarden & Alice In Chains, that with Soundgarden being back fully now, they'll adopt a format similar to Pearl Jam and start offering bootleg shows with all of their crazy mixed setlists for purchase and/or download.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

So what happens to all those people who paid good money to become premium members of gunsnroses.com?

Now there is another exclusive stream for the band? Come on, now. If this is tied to the band, then shame on them for withholding from individuals who paid for that exclusivity through the official fan club.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

They've sent out a questionnaire to people, I can't be bothered to fill it in. I get the sense this is one big market research ploy. If it leads to more stuff getting released, fair enough, but the site itself doesn't seem interesting at all.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

They've sent out a questionnaire to people, I can't be bothered to fill it in. I get the sense this is one big market research ploy. If it leads to more stuff getting released, fair enough, but the site itself doesn't seem interesting at all.

Yeah I got that questionnaire too.  Honestly they can either let me sign up or fuck off, I'm not jumping through hoops like a dog filling in surveys or writing essays.  GNR have no credits in their online profile bank account as far as I'm concerned so they are in no position to try and make me do shit just to sign up.  A band like Metallica that have a track record of doing cool shit for fan club members and other shit online, I would jump through hoops.  GNR - hmmm well....

This is the email they sent:

We hear ya knockin’

And we are keen to get you into the Guns N’ Roses community - ParadiseCity.com!

As you may have picked up from our twitter @ParadiseCityBP, we’ve been testing out the basic functions on the platform with a relatively small and limited group.

Over the next 10 or so days we’ll be looking to open up more invites to roll out some new features and execute some technical and stress tests.  After all, if there’s one thing the world has come to learn the hard way, GN’R fans can easily bring a system to its na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na, knees. This means we’ll be looking to open up another 1,000 invites. That’s the good news. The “not so good” news is we have over 100,000 who have come to the ParadiseCity.com looking to play.

Sooooooooooo, to help us bring ParadiseCity.com to life and try to get more people faster, we’ve set up a survey to help us get to know you better and how you can help us with this next stage.

We are hoping to get through this phase before the end of February and open up the community to all who have requested invites soon thereafter!

NOW, if you feel you are ready to have us bring you down to the Paradise City, please take a few minutes to complete the survey here at this link.

Thanks,

ParadiseCity.com

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the part I don't get: why are the gnr twitter and facebook accounts promoting the site?  On the surface it looks like something some retarded kid set up in his basement, which makes me think it might really be gnr management's work.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the part I don't get: why are the gnr twitter and facebook accounts promoting the site?  On the surface it looks like something some retarded kid set up in his basement, which makes me think it might really be gnr management's work.

Dude its legit. Trust me

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What bugs me is I bought tickets to a show this morning.

Checked out tour section of the official site (I'm a paid member) - hoping maybe there's VIP upgrades or something - and it didn't have the tour listed as an upcoming event.

Meanwhile I'm sent a survey to justify to them why I should be allowed to be a member of a second official site?

Not trying to be negative for the hell of it but that doesn't seem right to me.

1. It's lame that my local promoter has details of this tour and the official site hasn't even noticed it's happening.
2. I want to be a member of PC.com....but really...the level to which I'm being asked to jump through hoops is border line rude considering all i've ever done is support the band by purchasing any product, going to every show in my city (and some other cities) and paying to be in fan clubs etc.

Board footer