You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Skwerl's post on MyGNR regarding his leak and his source

faldor wrote:
otto wrote:

Perhaps Axl is touring non stop so the interest on a reunion would be decreasing tour after tour?

Does the man have a masterplan after all?

I was thinking that too. Sounds just crazy enough to be true. Drive the classics down the peoples throats to the point they don't care anymore and they just want to hear new music.

Haven't we completed phase 1 by now?

Sky Dog wrote:

Always funny when Mikka calls someone a fanboy...he is the biggest Slash fanboy on this board...maybe the biggest fanboy of all of us.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
faldor wrote:
otto wrote:

Perhaps Axl is touring non stop so the interest on a reunion would be decreasing tour after tour?

I was thinking that too. Sounds just crazy enough to be true. Drive the classics down the peoples throats to the point they don't care anymore and they just want to hear new music.

Among the fanbase? certainly...

Just the rest of the world now... smile

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
faldor wrote:
otto wrote:

I could MAYBE see the driving down reunion interest side, but I don't think there's even been the tiniest increase in people clamoring for new GNR music outside of the boards.

And at the end of the day, the first thing I ask myself when any GNR theory is presented: does this require an actual disciplined plan? If yes, then probably it's not true.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Truth is that truth hurts.

The debate of the last pages was how Axl "hold all the cards" for a reunion (that could happen after a "new" album). Just check it. I simply pointed out that Slash may not be too interested to work with him anymore, especially under Axl's terms.

Please show me where I wrote in this post that I don't care.

On the other hand your post was offtopic, hijacking and for the purpose of making shit up in the defense of Almighty Axl, at the expense of Myles. Just be a grown-up and face it. ID, in the past months even you realized that this whole shit stinks. No need to go back to your zealot fanboy self.

I was discussing the "who holds the reunion cards." You took it upon yourself to go after the guys looks. And I never said anything of the sort about Myles other than his voice is terrible. I responded to you. Your post. Your lame, usual, boring, hijacking post. The typical "Mikka doesn't care anymore, but can't stop hanging around talking about it, over and over" is what your post amounted to.

Zealot fanboy self? Now who's insulting who? Please, show me the evidence where I'm a "zealot fanboy." And how can I be a fanboy and not be a fanboy who knows shit stinks at the same time? And where have I said anything different now that I haven't said in the past. Please find it, I'll wait... Oh, yeah, you can't, because you're making it up. 15

Since you are not able to understand it (or more likely: you don't wanna admit that you understand it) I don't waste my time for you. I also don't wanna make this thread turn into a personal fight even more.

For madagas:
I'm a Slash fanboy to a degree. But not to a degree to say that his playing was magnificent (or even good) in the Velvet Revolver days. Not to a degree to like (or even accept the happening of) all of his guest appearances and the whoring of November Rain with those rapper puppets. But you know, with Slash, there is at least something to be a fan of. Albums, incredible live performances. With Axl it's all about the long gone past.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know Mikka.  I saw both Slash and Axl play last year and there was quite a bit of the long gone past on both sides.  Sure, Slash is playing some newer stuff (as is Axl for the record), but the reaction from the fans on both sides comes from the classic GnR stuff.  Slash will never get away from that any more than Axl will no matter what they do.  That's the life of being that well known for something.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know Mikka.  I saw both Slash and Axl play last year and there was quite a bit of the long gone past on both sides.  Sure, Slash is playing some newer stuff (as is Axl for the record), but the reaction from the fans on both sides comes from the classic GnR stuff.  Slash will never get away from that any more than Axl will no matter what they do.  That's the life of being that well known for something.

Obviously. They will never be able to top that, or come even close to the glory of those old days.

But Slash actually makes albums. Axl released (was supposedly forced to release...) 1 record in 20 years, containing mostly stuff leaked years before. Slash is doing kick-ass live shows with changing setlists and he's one of the best touring rock acts of today, without a doubt. While fans always need to make excuses for Axl's performances and his stable boring sets. Slash is playing better than ever, Axl is singing worse than ever. So when it comes to Slash, it's very easy to like his present. All Axl can offer you is past and fake nostalgia.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

well.. i see where you`re coming from, but gnr shows (and axl) still kick ass these days. and i`ve never heard of other band`s fans being as obsessed about setlists as gnr fans. probably, because only diehard fanboys travel to ten shows and moan about the setlist after that... or even worse, sit in front of their computers and bitch about setlists from show they didn`t even attend.

i saw gnr 3 times and slash 1 time, plus i`m going to see him next month again and both of them have delivered every time!

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
WARose wrote:

well.. i see where you`re coming from, but gnr shows (and axl) still kick ass these days. and i`ve never heard of other band`s fans being as obsessed about setlists as gnr fans. probably, because only diehard fanboys travel to ten shows and moan about the setlist after that... or even worse, sit in front of their computers and bitch about setlists from show they didn`t even attend.

i saw gnr 3 times and slash 1 time, plus i`m going to see him next month again and both of them have delivered every time!

I only got the chance to see Axl's new band live in 2006. That was a bad show. I saw other shows online and all were much better, so it's very likely that I caught the worst night of the whole tour.

My opinion is based on professional recordings. These are more accurate than the actual personal live experiences. Based on these, the shows aren't that good lately. Some of them were disastrous, to say at least, and Axl's performance is a shame.

On the setlist bitching... other bands' fans don't bitch this much, I agree. But those bands actually make music. So getting a new album in every 3rd year and a tour of stable setlist is far more tolerable, than getting the identical setlist for more than a decade with only one album in 20 years. Since GN'R don't show any progress in making and releasing music, they could show some progress setlist wise. But they don't.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

But Slash actually makes albums. Axl released (was supposedly forced to release...) 1 record in 20 years, containing mostly stuff leaked years before. Slash is doing kick-ass live shows with changing setlists and he's one of the best touring rock acts of today, without a doubt. While fans always need to make excuses for Axl's performances and his stable boring sets. Slash is playing better than ever, Axl is singing worse than ever. So when it comes to Slash, it's very easy to like his present. All Axl can offer you is past and fake nostalgia.

Oh, the irony. 21

I think every show you go to of an established band has to do with nostalgia. I didn't see Rush on the "Test For Echo" tour because they released a new album, or beacuse I liked that new album, or that I wanted to hear those new songs.

Board footer