You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Favorite Gnr Song From Each Album

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't really dislike anything on uyi1...even Bad Apples...I amended my post to none.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I LOVED GITR as a kid, but the lyrics haven't aged well.   Christ, at that point there were enough ppl in the band that it cracks me up that they weigh in at 850 lbs. I can't help but picture a bunch of scraggly alley cats hacking up lungs looking for a fight.

However, the song is musically badasz. Even most of the lyrics are great. That song would have been sweet to have an alt version of. At its roots, just a great rocking punk song.

Also another vote for the superiority of Don't Cry Alt.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

To me, every song by the original band is redeemed by Slash's tasty riffing and soloing. 21

I was listening to UYI 1 & 2 tonight, and yep, Slash's playing still holds up even on the weaker tracks. At least to my ears it does.

It's funny too, Bad Apples, is the ONLY track that is co-written by all of the original lineup (Slash, McKagan, Stradlin, Rose) and it is one of the least liked here. But hey, even on Bad Apples, I fuckin love Slash and Izzy's riffing, and that Slash solo is great too. The lyrics are kinda silly though...

I'd say the same about GITR, great musically, lyrically not so much... 16

I'm actually surprised so many people "dislike" Bad Apples.  I've always loved that tune.  The same goes for GITR.  I guess it's a little cheesy, but I dig it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I didn't bother with a favorites list, but least favorite is something different, so I'll play along.

AFD - SCOM
Lies - Move to the City
UYI I - LNLD
UYI II - So Fine
TSI - You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory
CD - OMG was this hard...Shackler's Revenge

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:

jeez u people r crazy! GITR is brilliant!

granted, lyrically it's a bit shitty (one of the few occasions i'll say that about classic era axl) but at least it's kinda fun. musically it's class.

with your other musical tastes, I am suprised you like that song. Maybe the cheesiest song EVER recorded by a monster classic rock band like Gnr. sad

I absolutely love the instrumental.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:

jeez u people r crazy! GITR is brilliant!

granted, lyrically it's a bit shitty (one of the few occasions i'll say that about classic era axl) but at least it's kinda fun. musically it's class.

with your other musical tastes, I am suprised you like that song. Maybe the cheesiest song EVER recorded by a monster classic rock band like Gnr. sad

I absolutely love the instrumental.

THIS.

Slash's tone and riffs are just brilliant. I always dug it. Just a good rockin' tune musically.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I put my list together after only seeing Russ' and I thought I was being provocative (while being honest) by listing SCOM, but I see others did as well.  It's not that I hate the song, but I got so sick of hearing it that only now do I listen to it if it comes on the radio (f'n radio edit ruins some of the best parts too).

johndivney wrote:

I can't listen to SCoM when it comes on radio or tv. The only time I listen to it is when I listen to AFD.

There was a time I was so sick of hearing it I almost hated it but then one day I fell in love w/it again. Think it was being drunk watch Tokyo DVDs..
It's a brilliant song in its full glory, the radio edit is cheap & ugly by comparison

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I have to be in a positive feeling towards love to "get into" Sweet Child. It's a song so overplayed and beat into the ground by everyone else other than GN'R than I just don't like associate myself with it. It might be their cheesiest effort from that period.

Plus in the present day, Myles Kennedy sings it far better live than current Axl has since 1993, which is shocking because I think Myles is a world-class shit singer.

Board footer