You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Guns N' Roses Vs Led Zeppelin

buzzsaw wrote:

I think One in a Million is a brilliant song lyrically.  Pussing them down by not saying what he felt would have been the fail, not saying what he said.

Which band is better?

Guns N' Roses 54%
Led Zeppelin 46%
Total votes: 24
misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I would put GN'R on the same level as The Sex Pistols, with a mix of Aerosmith commerciality and hard rock status - Just on importance. I just don't think GN'R are on the level as The Rolling Stones, The Beatles or Zeppelin.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I would put GN'R on the same level as The Sex Pistols, with a mix of Aerosmith commerciality and hard rock status - Just on importance. I just don't think GN'R are on the level as The Rolling Stones, The Beatles or Zeppelin.

I, II, and IV are all more important than AFD. But Appetite is the best hard rock album of the last 30-35 years, which says a lot when you're dealing with classic material by the likes of AC/DC, Metallica, and Nirvana.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I, II, and IV are all more important than AFD. But Appetite is the best hard rock album of the last 30-35 years, which says a lot when you're dealing with classic material by the likes of AC/DC, Metallica, and Nirvana.

Thats exactly where I'd place GN'R, AC/DC, Metallica, Nirvana, The Stooges, Queen...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I picked Zeppelin.  I love both bands, and it's impossible for me to pick which is better musically, so Zeppelin wins for the number of years they have on GNR.  And the fact that they haven't tried Zeppelin minus Plant and haven't harmed their legacy. 

Stairway on Celebration Day is just mind blowing.  To hear guys that have hardly played together in almost 30 years come back and pull of that level of perfection is amazing.  If GNR reach that age and pull of November Rain like that, then picking a band will be impossible.

Board footer